the coil and pcos

Other long term effects of PCOS

Moderators: thebuzz, Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia

the coil and pcos

Postby sManfer101 » Sun Jan 10, 2016 1:13 pm

I have struggled with my periods for as long as I can remember, I'm overweight and I have lots of excess hair. I finally got diagnosed with pcos when I went about my body hair several years ago. I've explained about pain that I get which was dismissed as apparently you don't get pain with pcos, then I was admitted to hospital with what they thought was my appendix but after three days of being in there they found it to be a ruptured cyst.
During my follow up appointment I was told that the only way to reduce the risk of this is to have the coil fitted, I had previously been on cerazette but my weight ballooned and my mood swings got significantly worse. Since having the iud fitted, which was a horrifying experience in the first place, the pain is so bad I constantly think I'm going to end up back in hospital. My ovaries and pelvis feel like they're on fire, my lower back aches constantly and I have recently started with really bad discharge. Has anyone else got any similar experiences because I've bow got myself convinced that I have ovarian cancer
sManfer101

Re: the coil and pcos

Postby Hols969 » Mon Jan 11, 2016 4:02 pm

Pain generally isn't related to pcos but is to endometriosis and there is a link between the two as well. Are you in the coil with hormone or without?
Unless stated, my views do not represent the official views, position or standing of Verity
Hols969
Verity Admin

Postby sManfer101 » Tue Jan 12, 2016 10:57 am

Its the mirena one with the hormone
sManfer101

Postby sManfer101 » Tue Jan 12, 2016 5:51 pm

I've had the coil removed today as I cant take it no more, the nurse is adamant I go back to the gynae as my pain isn't normal so I'm gonna see what the results of my smear test are and then go back to the gp
sManfer101

Postby Hols969 » Tue Jan 12, 2016 7:11 pm

Endo needs to be checked via a laparoscopy - do ask to be referred to an endocrinologist as pcos and endo is their area - dont let them fob you off to a gynae.

Good luck
Unless stated, my views do not represent the official views, position or standing of Verity
Hols969
Verity Admin

Postby sManfer101 » Sat Jan 16, 2016 8:55 pm

Wow thank you, ill take that to my gp, I didn't even know that I just assumed gynae is where it ends lol
sManfer101

Return to Other problems