Feeling forgotten

Other long term effects of PCOS

Moderators: thebuzz, Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia

Feeling forgotten

Postby tottielou » Wed Jan 06, 2016 10:00 am

Hi All

When I read through posts about PCOS, I'm feeling as if I've been left alone to cope with this.

I was diagnosed three years ago after a trip to the doctors due to absent periods which at first was from Cerezette which I was told was normal, a year and a half after stopping taking the pill which I thought was making me gain weight it turned out I have cysts on my ovaries and the syndrome.

I haven't been prescribed any medication, no follow up Ultrasounds from the Dr's, no explanation or plan on how to move forward or what I can do to help. I see alot of people have been prescribed various medications, is this standard?

I have the most painful periods ever, with endometriosis and keep encountering sharp pains in my right side (I guess you could say where your ovary is), I have a follow up ultrasound next week.

I feel like I am going through this alone with no support although my partner is very understanding of the hair issues etc.

I just don't know whether there is more I should be doing or receiving.

I am 21 years old and not looking to have children within the next few years.

Thank you xx
tottielou

Re: Feeling forgotten

Postby Hols969 » Wed Jan 06, 2016 3:33 pm

No you are more the norm I am afraid - diagnosed and sent on your way. You don't need follow up scans as the cysts are only a symptom and not the cause so can come and go.

Diet is key so keep low gi and avoid white carbs. The other option is a combined contraceptive as it masks the symptoms of pcos which is ok and forces a bleed as you must have 4 a year to keep your uterus healthy. It also helps with weight loss too, I find it much easier losing weight when I'm on the pill.
Unless stated, my views do not represent the official views, position or standing of Verity
Hols969
Verity Admin

Return to Other problems