Any Ideas?

Other long term effects of PCOS

Moderators: thebuzz, Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia

Any Ideas?

Postby helscol » Fri Nov 20, 2015 4:51 pm

Hi all,

I am new to the forum and was really hoping someone may be able to identify with my experience?

I am 33 years old and for the last 12 months approx something has really changed with my body!

Up until that point I had a regular monthly cycle without fail. I have however been overweight since childhood and suffered from facial hair (chin) I do not have children.

12 months ago I had a very light period, nothing like my normal ones which are fairly heavy. The following month I had an extrememly heavy period, heavier than anything Id had before. Then nothing for around 3 months. Then I had what I thought was a light period start so felt relieved but it was actually a period of prolonged bleeding - around 40 days of very light bleeding (no pad needed most of the time) i visited the doctor who sent for hormone tests and a transvaginal scan. She didnt seem overly concerned. I am now on my 2nd round of continual bleeding - maybe even longer this time.

My hormone tests have come back normal :-(

I havent had my scan yet.

I have also developed a monthly cycle of 2-3 cluster migraines a month. Something I NEVER had before my periods changed.

Does this sound like PCOS or something different?
What can they do about the bleeding as I am starting to get really worried and its effecting my mood and my sex life (but to be honest my sex drive has kind of dissapeared too!)

I know the doctor will try and get to the bottom of things but I cannot believe my hormone levels came back as normal!

Any thoughts would be appreciated! :?:
helscol

Re: Any Ideas?

Postby Hols969 » Fri Nov 20, 2015 8:59 pm

You can take medication which helps stop the bleeding, which your gp should have advised, odd periods none or bleeding constantly do seem to be the symptoms of pcos. Has anything changed in the last year, move house, stressful job as stress can play a huge part in it. As for blood tests coming back normal, that isnt uncommon and doesnt mean you dont have pcos. So you have the weight (is it around your tum) and hair, now odd periods, have you put on any extra weight over the last year as that can trigger pcos further.
Unless stated, my views do not represent the official views, position or standing of Verity
Hols969
Verity Admin

Return to Other problems