Recommendation for a Consultant in London please?

Other long term effects of PCOS

Moderators: thebuzz, Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia

Recommendation for a Consultant in London please?

Postby Sadie_2014 » Tue Jul 07, 2015 8:28 pm

Dear Ladies,

I am a former member (Sadie_2008) but could not locate my details!

I am back as I have been re-diagnosed with cysts on one ovary (and a polyp in the womb to make things worse!). My GP wants to refer me to a Gynae.

My GP's recommendation was a consultant who I researched and was not happy with. My GP has now left it to me to find someone I am happy with.

It is likely i will have lacroscopic surgery to check what is going on, and also surgery to remove the polyp.

I was therefore hoping that I would be able to obtain expert recommendations for a good consultant in the London area. I really need someone who is empathetic and is understanding of my symptoms (mid weight gain, high androgen levels, continuous hair thinning on scalp and dark hair on chin/chest area as well as usual mood swings...and now the return of pelvic pain).

I really found that exercise was helping me but with the past months of work stress and 14 hour days, it has been difficult to eat well and exercise. I really blame these factors on the return of the symptoms :(

Grateful for any advice.

Best,
Sadie xox
Sadie_2014

Re: Recommendation for a Consultant in London please?

Postby Hols969 » Wed Jul 08, 2015 5:26 am

Prof Stephen franks who advises Verity - he is brilliant (he is an endo rather than gynae which is more what you want) he does private and nhs.
Unless stated, my views do not represent the official views, position or standing of Verity
Hols969
Verity Admin

Postby Sadie_2014 » Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:59 pm

Many thanks for your recommendation :)

I shall check him out. I really need some good advice as i am upset my symptoms and cysts have returned :cry:
Sadie_2014

Postby Hols969 » Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:01 am

The cysts are only a symptom of it and can come and go so next time you are scanned they may have gone again. Having the cysts doesn't actually make any of the pcos symptoms worse, it is the cysts that cause the fertility issues as there are too many and none of them take the leap as they think the others will which is why we don't ovulate regularly as they are a lazy bunch and think one of the others will do it.
Unless stated, my views do not represent the official views, position or standing of Verity
Hols969
Verity Admin

Postby Sadie_2014 » Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:21 pm

Thanks Hols.

I know how to sort this problem out - work stress has caused this the past months and i've not been able to hit the gym at all. I just went for a run and my pelvic pain has flared up on the side where my cyst is. Years ago the cysts disappeared and my GP asked me what i had been doing? religiously exercising 6 times a week and not eating as much rubbish as i used to, but work has caused me to mess up and i really hate the fact i let my employers do this to my health.

I've had 2 scans 2 months apart and the cyst is there and the polyp. The symptoms have progressed (pelvic pain, high androgen levels and hair thinned even further - the worst symptom for me has always been hair and having to wear hair since 2008).

I hate this shit.
Sadie_2014

Return to Other problems