Pancreatitis, gallstones and PCOS.

Other long term effects of PCOS

Moderators: thebuzz, Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia

Pancreatitis, gallstones and PCOS.

Postby twinstwice22 » Wed Mar 18, 2015 10:50 pm

A newbie so please go easy if this is not the right page. I'm 43 n my ovaries have never worked properly. I only found out I had PCOS some 16 years ago when trying to conceive. Have never had regular cycle. I have been as long as 4 years between even a break thru bleed. I ended up in A&E in September to discover I had Pancreatitis. Transpires I had Gallstones n had to have my gallbladder removed. Anyway after the Pancreatitis my troublesome, always uncomfortable, left ovary stopped being uncomfortable. Great I thought.Now I'm on my third month of an almost exact 28 days 'normal' cycle. Now I'm thinking has the Pancreatitis some how 'reset' my ovaries. Which is pants if I've got to start thinking about contraception after years of fertility treatment. I've been trying to find some info but have come across none yet. Was just wondering if anyone's ever heard of this?
twinstwice22

Re: Pancreatitis, gallstones and PCOS.

Postby Hols969 » Thu Mar 19, 2015 5:40 am

Is there anything else that may have triggered it like weight loss? It doesn't necessarily mean you are ovulating even if you are having a period - you should still be using some firm of contraception as we have had lots if ladies fall pregnant after being told the won't!!
Unless stated, my views do not represent the official views, position or standing of Verity
Hols969
Verity Admin

Re: Pancreatitis, gallstones and PCOS.

Postby twinstwice22 » Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:31 pm

No. I'm the same weight. We have 2 set of twins n will not be adding to the family!! Took years of treatment to get them. I'm gonna get my GP to do a day 21 bloods to see if I am ovulating. Really need to talk hubby into the snip! The pill doesn't agree with me. I'm latex sensitive too. Using non latex condom just now. Doc did suggest a coil, but dinny like the thought of it.
twinstwice22

Return to Other problems