Pain and abnormal bleeding on pill (Scared/help!)

Other long term effects of PCOS

Moderators: thebuzz, Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia

Pain and abnormal bleeding on pill (Scared/help!)

Postby jazzy » Wed Feb 04, 2015 9:51 pm

Hello Ladies,

I haven't been on the board for a couple of years so hello's and waves to everybody.

I am posting as for the last couple of years my PCOS meds have worked well and I have managed my facial hair with waxing.

However, in the last 2-3 months, every month, I've had excruciating pain in my lower abdomen (area where my ovaries are, without any blood for the first 2 months).... Sooo, although I would be creased over my laptop in AGONY, I took pure codeine and paracetomol - and it eventually subsided. I swore, after last time that if it ever happened again, I would go to GP. So, 3rd month running, yesterday (3rd feb) I went to bed, bleeding heavily on my pill (Micronor) which I don't normally bleed at all on, had to wear pads etc... But the PAIN was excruciating, all around and below my abdomen, throughout my entire back and round my ovary area.... it was AGONY like I've never felt before.

Had out of hours GP and nurse come out, who suggested I got myself to Docs in morning (which I did today 4/2/15). They said I would need an internal exam once the bleeding has calmed next week, after my meds have worked. I have had bloating and back pain persistently, with fatigue and painful bowel motions recently, sometimes before or after them. It came to a head when I was in agony last night (3rd Feb 15) with NO let up by the morning, despite the painkillers... I am now on meds to stem the bleeding before internal exam next week - but I AM SOOOO SCARED :(.

I got really verbally angry yesterday, I now realise it was because of two hours sleep, soooo much pain and the prospect of SCARY sh** happening to me. I am not supposed to bleed like this on my pill, like bright red clotting stuff. Last night my bowels were empty so I know not constipated, they tested urine (no UTI), so it's all pointing to my ovaries now - Due to have an internal next week, and the prospect of pain during it is scaring me as well as finding out what's wrong... I know I need to but it's scaring me. I feel SO alone with this right now. Can someone on the board please help/reassure me. Thank you
Diagnosed with PCOS at 17.
Anti Depressants feb 09
OFF Anti Depressants june 09 :)
Personality: Kind and sensitive but can be fiesty
Cerazette June 2011
Micronor Aug 2011
AD's 13/03/12 after 2 years, nine months off them (citalopram again)
off citilopram 01 Aug 2012
jazzy

Location: Derby termtime at uni, South East, Kent during holidays

Return to Other problems