Please help me get my sex drive back :(

Other long term effects of PCOS

Moderators: thebuzz, Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia

Please help me get my sex drive back :(

Postby olivia80 » Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:13 am

Hey ladies, it's been a while since I last posted here. I'll try and keep my story short.

When I was 16 I started seeing someone so as a precaution I went on the pill (microgynon 30). I had a very high sex drive back then. I was with my bf for 6 years and about 8 months later started seeing my second bf. He was amazed at how often I wanted sex :) I was young, slim, and as far as I knew, healthy.

Two years into our relationship I came off the pill. I started to put a ton of weight on, my periods were totally irregular and my sex drive plummeted. After months of wondering what was wrong I went to see my GP who referred me to an obgyn. I had a scan and it confirmed PCOS. This was in 2010.

Since then, I have managed to lose the weight but my sex drive is still nowhere to be seen. My bf broke up with me a couple of years ago. There were allsorts of reasons why but my lack of interest in sex probably played a part.

I'm 31 now, young, free and single. I should be putting myself back out there but my lack of sex drive makes me think there's no point.

I'm still slim, I'm lucky in the sense that I don't suffer too much with other symptoms (I do have some excess hair growth but its on my leg, lady parts and belly, and my hair is slightly thinning on top), but other than that I am a healthy size. I just don't know how to get my sex drive back. I want to be the girl I was before coming off the pill, the girl who couldn't get enough sex :(

Has anyone been in the same boat? Have you managed to get it back? What did you do? Please help :(

Follow my PCOS Journey at my PCOS Blog
olivia80

Return to Other problems