recently diagnosed with PCOS and not getting anywhere

Other long term effects of PCOS

Moderators: thebuzz, Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia

recently diagnosed with PCOS and not getting anywhere

Postby Abbiepenelope » Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:42 pm

HI, I am 23 years old and have just been diagnosed with PCOS, I feel like I am getting no where. I originally went to my gp with extreme pelvic pain, discharge after the pain, difficulty loosing weight and hair loss. I went for an ultra sound can which shows I have PCOS but I feel like my gp isn't taking it very seriously. I am in agony a lot of the time and the discharge that I am having is causing strains on my relationship. I went to the doctors today and he has asked that I have my coil removed as he thinks it is making my symptoms worse. my gp is reluctant to send me to gynae but openly admits that he does not know a lot about PCOS. he has never explained to me what having PCOS means for my health and future and what options are available to me.

I was wondering if any one could give me an insight to how long it took them to get sorted and if they had the same problems with their gp. also any advice on dealing with PCOS would be great.

Return to Other problems