Bloating

Other long term effects of PCOS

Moderators: thebuzz, Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia

Bloating

Postby Emariebx » Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:35 pm

Hi ladies,

I was hoping someone could shed some light on this for me! For the past 2 weeks my stomach has swollen so much I look 8 months pregnant. It's also hard and painful in my pelvis. Gp couldn't shed any light so I took myself off to a&e as I was worried I had a large cyst or an ectopic pregnancy. Long story short they did an internal scan said my ovaries are 'a bit larger than normal' and revered me back to my gynaecologist! I'm stuck as there is no explanation for my pain or the swelling has anyone else had this? The doctor thought it might be hormone levels going haywire which has caused it but he 'is no expert' any advice???

Elise xx
Diagnosed at 18 years old -2009

My past has not defined me, destroyed me, deterred me or defeated me it has only strengthened me
Emariebx

Re: Bloating

Postby Hols969 » Tue Mar 25, 2014 3:38 pm

Ovaries being a bit larger is due to pcos so nothing to worry about, can you pinpoint anything in your diet over the last few weeks that is different to normal, I find combinations of food cause issues for me but if I eat them individually they are ok. I have learnt over the years what combinations cause me painful bloating. R u pooing ok, does it feel like trapped wind or just a round stomach ? Did you gp not consider ibs ?
Unless stated, my views do not represent the official views, position or standing of Verity
Hols969
Verity Admin

Return to Other problems