Thrush?!

Other long term effects of PCOS

Moderators: thebuzz, Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia

Thrush?!

Postby emilylauraj » Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:45 pm

Hi,

I am 18, and I was diagnosed with PCOS when I was 15.

I've recently had thrush 2 weeks ago for the first time, and have had 2 trips to the doctor to get treatment as nothing has worked.

I've been back again today, as it's got worse and I could see a red lump (doc thinks this is a cyst), so she's given me antibiotics, but has also sent me for a urine sample to test glucose, as she wants me tested for diabetes!

Has anyone else had a similar problem to this at all, and any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you,

Emily
If we treat people as they are, we make them worse. If we treat people as they ought to be, we help them become what they are capable of becoming.
emilylauraj

Re: Thrush?!

Postby Hols969 » Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:21 pm

Thrush can be a symptom of insulin resistance and diabetes, what is your diet like generally, has it been particularly bad over the last week or so or an increased amount of alcohol (which is pure sugar really) and can flare it up?
Unless stated, my views do not represent the official views, position or standing of Verity
Hols969
Verity Admin

Return to Other problems