Please Help

Other long term effects of PCOS

Moderators: thebuzz, Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia

Please Help

Postby vics178 » Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:01 pm

Hi everyone
could I please have some help/advice
I am 29, have pcos, endometriosis, multiple adhesions & a fibroid.
we have been trying to start a family for the last 4yrs....3miscarriages later still no baby and its breaking my heart.
at the min though my main concern is the pain coming from my left ovary. Everytime I get my period it is total agony. My periods have become so heavy and full of clots. Can need to change upbto every hour and I work for the ambulance service and its so embarrassing if stuck out on a call. I'm so weak tired and dizzy with it which is making me scared my epilepsy will reoccur. I have a really good gynae who has said that I will eventually need a full hysterectomy and we need to crack on with getting pregnant. I was on clomid to no joy.
does anyone have any suggestions as to what could be done in the meantime? I had a laparoscopy in Feb 12 & he cleared as much as he could but its back.
would another lap or ovary removal help does anyone think?
vics178

Re: Please Help

Postby Hols969 » Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:52 am

THis is more down to endo than PCOS, obviously I would suggest the pill generally but as you are TTC then this is a no no. How frustrating for you, how are your iron levels as I know if they are low they can make you feel dizzy.

I personally would go back to your consultant but also move on to the next stage with TTC, either IUI or IVF as 4 years is way too long and depressing to be trying for and to have 3 mc is even worse, have they made any suggestions as to why you miscarried as there are a few ladies on here who have had them and found out their have been some sort of reason why (which can be helped). One lady on here had numerous mc (7 I think) but conceived via IVF and the baby is now around 3 and she has recently had a 2nd which she conceived naturally this time around so try not to lose your umph, I know it can be difficult sometimes though, but you definatley need to feel as if you are moving to another stage for TTC (dont let them fob you off that you have conceived either so dont need help to TTC), obviously even if it was 3 times in 4 years, it shows how few and far between you are ovulating due to PCOS.

Good luck.
Unless stated, my views do not represent the official views, position or standing of Verity
Hols969
Verity Admin

Re: Please Help

Postby Enfys » Thu Dec 12, 2013 4:44 pm

Hi Vics

How are you doing?
39 y/o Dx underage BMI 24 IR Acne DH SA normal
Sep12 TTC
Mar13 HSG couldn't be performed due to closed cervix
Sep13 LAP & DYE revealed I was born with only 1 tube
IVF1 Mar14: Antagonist: Cancelled on day 8 bc OHSS risk OR:41000 & next cycle delayed bc of high OR
IVF2 July14: Freeze all Antagonist: 15 eggs, 13 fert, 8 frosties on day 2
FET 1-3 BFN
IVF3 Jun15, private. 23 eggs, 12 fert, 2 fresh transfer, 3 frozen blastos. BFP, mod OHSS, not drained. 6w scan: 1 empty sac 8w scan: heartbeat!
Enfys

Return to Other problems