Endometriosis?

Other long term effects of PCOS

Moderators: thebuzz, Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia

Endometriosis?

Postby EdithJane » Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:09 am

Hi, i really think I have endometriosis. I was diagnosed with pcos about 7 years ago, but i have really heavy long periods. Im on one now and its just gone two years. I also have really bad pain that can go from my lower back to above my knees. The doctors always want to blame everything on pcos and its not that i want endo but id like to be tested if not just to write it off. Also i dont know what these doctors are on because they always say go online and read up on pcos then if you go see them and say well online it says..... they look at you like your crazy! :cry:
April 2012 - Mirena coil fitted
2005 diagnosed with PCOS
EdithJane

Postby Cloudyrain » Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:37 am

I was finally definitively diagnosed with endo last year aged 29, though I first went to the Docs when I was about 15, and quite a few times in between.

Unfortunately the only way to definitively diagnose is a laparoscopy, and that's the main reason it takes so long. I had to get to a point with my pain where I was missing about a week off work every month (I was having regular monthly cycles at that point), although the pain would start a few weeks before and continue for a few weeks after.

I also suffer with the pains through the front of my legs and around my hips and lower back and into my tummy.

It's really hard honey, but you have to persevere with your GP - I found keeping a little symptom diary helped. Eventually when I went back to my Doc because I was only able to sleep for a few hours a night when the pain was at it's worst, and was sometimes on the verge of calling 999 because the pain was so excruciating, they agreed it did sound like endo and sent me to a gynie. The gynie was brill and I had a treatment lap a month or so later.

Have a look at Endo-Resolved - there is a list of symptoms and things you can try and so to help. Then go back to your GP and air your concerns.

Good luck xxx
Diagnosed PCOS and Endometriosis in 2011 after 15 years fighting!

Next East Mids Meet Ups: Sunday 29th July and Sunday 23rd September at 3pm, Nottingham Knight Pub

Remember: Smear tests save lives!x
Cloudyrain
Local Group Leader

Postby EdithJane » Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:08 pm

Thanks for your reply my doctor has referred me for laparoscopy so hopefully that wil come through soon and i will let you know what they say :)
April 2012 - Mirena coil fitted
2005 diagnosed with PCOS
EdithJane

Return to Other problems