pelvic pain and lower right side tummy pain

Other long term effects of PCOS

Moderators: Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia, thebuzz

pelvic pain and lower right side tummy pain

Postby tlcpcos » Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:01 pm

Hiya the last 2 weeks have not been good iv been in and out of hospital i was addmitted with right side tumny pain and had a scan but they siad ut was fine i had cysts on my right overy and sent me home i am still in pain but not as much but im always getting pelvic pain and pain in that area and wadered if anyone could help me i have osted befor but nones replying and i really want some advice from some one who is going throught what im going throught
thanks tia
tlcpcos

Postby Cloudyrain » Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:35 pm

Hey honey, sorry to hear your in pain.

Did they say it was a big cysts or lost of little cysts? How long have you been having the problem? Have you got any other symptoms?

Sorry to ask all the questions, but I just want to check so I can maybe help a bit.

I suffered for ages with Pelvic pain until it got to the point of unbearable. It turned out I had endometriosis, large cysts, and fibroids.

Have you been to your GP rather than hospital, as A&E are good with critical issues, but not so with longer ongoing things xxx
Diagnosed PCOS and Endometriosis in 2011 after 15 years fighting!

Next East Mids Meet Ups: Sunday 29th July and Sunday 23rd September at 3pm, Nottingham Knight Pub

Remember: Smear tests save lives!x
Cloudyrain
Local Group Leader

Postby tlcpcos » Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:35 am

hi hun iv been having problems for about a year now alwayeds had very painfull periods iv been to the docs but they not really helping me i got and see my gyno at the end of the month and i think im going to ask her if i cud have ndometriosis beacese its does sound like it i have little cysts but im always getter pelvic pain and it so uncomfee i cant sleep at nite
do you think i could have endometriosis
thanks for helping im willing to take any advice at the moment cos i feel so confussed and just want it all to be over with how did u cope wiht not knowing what was going on
thanks tia :P :P :P
tlcpcos

Postby Cloudyrain » Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:56 pm

It could be endo, definitely recommend keeping a pain/symptom diary to take to your appointment. The only way to definitively confirm diagnosis is a laparoscopy.

In the meantime try cutting out all caffeine when you feel the pain coming on, as well as reducing wheat and dairy too. Take 2 ibuprofen, then 2 hours later take 2 paracetomal, and then continue throughout the day (being careful to alternate and not to take more than the maximum dose). You can also try warm (or cold) packs. The Dr can also prescribe codeine and mefanamic acid if your pain is still really bad.

It is hard honey, but keep pushing your Doctors - they sometimes need a kick! :D

Xxx
Diagnosed PCOS and Endometriosis in 2011 after 15 years fighting!

Next East Mids Meet Ups: Sunday 29th July and Sunday 23rd September at 3pm, Nottingham Knight Pub

Remember: Smear tests save lives!x
Cloudyrain
Local Group Leader

Return to Other problems