is tirendness related to pcos

Other long term effects of PCOS

Moderators: thebuzz, Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia

is tirendness related to pcos

Postby tlcpcos » Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:13 pm

Hi girls just wabdering if any one knows if tiredness is relayed to pcos
I am tired all thr time and go yo bed early and im wide awake most of the nite
does anyone know of anything that can help me try and sleep
As ihave a lot of pelvic pain wich makes it uncomfee to sleep do u know of any good
Posituons that are good for pelvic pain thanks tia

Metformin 500×3day
Diagnosed 2011
Having problems since i was 13 almost 19
tlcpcos

Postby catb88 » Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:54 pm

i am not sure but you are not alone..i am tired all day and then cant sleep at night!! :(
On the Norah Lane diet..Mini goals
1/ Get into the next stones- ACHIEVED
2/ Xmas goal- to weigh 13.8 by the 20th Dec
2/ Have lost a total of 20lbs by New York trip in Feb :)
catb88

Re: is tirendness related to pcos

Postby lexie2712 » Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:45 pm

Hi, a very late reply to this post but before I was diagnosed, I became increasingly tired. My brain became foggy and the exhaustion became so bad, it felt like I had glandular fever all over again. In my case, I had insulin resistance that is now being treated with metformin. This is a recognised issue relating to PCOS and you should ask for a fasting glucose test, as well as thyroid function tests. I see you are on metformin, so they should be rechecking your hormone levels periodically anyway.

The pain could be endometriosis and if it is making sleeping difficult, this could also explain why you're tired. xxxxxx
lexie2712

Postby Stubycat » Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:55 pm

Hey, I believe it is, for me I am quite chubby, so weight loss helped alot with tiredness, although I still struggle getting to sleep sometimes!

But as someone else mentioned it could be due to insulin resistance, diabetes, extreme hormonal changes etc etc! A blood test will definitely be beneficial as to pin pointing the cause :) I really hope you get it all sorted out :)
Stubycat

Postby ShadyLady » Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:46 pm

hi guys, i also get tired and im certain its due to pcos, nasty illness it is. i take a multi vitamin with megnesium to boost energy levels and also an iron supplement, i think this definately helps the iron supp. is feroglobin, its totally changed my life for the better. hope you begin to feel better soon xx
caz xxxx

yippee ki yay
ShadyLady

Postby Beautifullymade07 » Fri May 02, 2014 5:52 am

Hi
I also get extremly tired and its not easy I have a busy lifestyle but I still try to get enough sleep and rest when I can. Going to my Gp later on today to see if I can get some prescribed iron and may be ask for a few tests and blood tests to be taken. PCOS can really get on your nerves also trying to lose two stone,good luck everyone
Ayanda
Beautifullymade07

Postby wrigglepup » Sun Oct 05, 2014 2:10 pm

Hi me too!
Better since started low GI/GL diet though, even drove back from Norwich at 1.30 am on Friday without fighting to stay conscious! First time in ages! Also feeling harmonious during the day. I was wondering if its something to do with pcos, massive bags of rubbish!
Was really struggling at about 11 am at work, we buy rounds from coffee machine and I was having cappuccino it has sugar in it anyway, also my dietitian has told me that the powdered milk is made with sugar! So even tea & coffee isn't any better, now I am bringing my own and I do feel loads better. Wondering if it is up and down sugar levels!?

Modern world and pcos don't mix!!

Kaz x
wrigglepup

Return to Other problems