Hot Flushes

Other long term effects of PCOS

Moderators: thebuzz, Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia

Hot Flushes

Postby ladyp » Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:27 pm

Are there any ways to get rid of the hot flushes and night sweats?
Someone told me about black cohosh but are we allowed to take that if we have pcos and not early menopause?

Wish I could get rid of the hot flushes but I suppose they are beneficial at this time of year least I'm not cold :lol: mind you I always have cold feet and hands. Bit embarrassing in summer to have cold hands even when it's red hot. Do anyone elses hands go orangey colour when really cold or is that just me being weird.
ladyp

Postby Hols969 » Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:41 am

Being on the pill controls my hot flushes. I think they are part and parcel of having pcos and the hormone imbalance (I think the symptoms are probably very similar to when you are going through the menopause).

Is the pill something you could try?
Unless stated, my views do not represent the official views, position or standing of Verity
Hols969
Verity Admin

Postby Cloudyrain » Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:21 am

I never realised hot flushes were part of pcos! I have terrible night sweats sometimes, and I'm not a sweaty person! I also get the ice-block hands and feet. Well, you learn something new every day!x
Cloudyrain
Local Group Leader

Postby ladyp » Thu Dec 01, 2011 3:01 am

I'm liking the ice block name for it.

Well my doctor told me to leave it 12 weeks and then go see her again, at the minute I've just been told I've got it and sent on my way with nothing. She reckons the pill does nothing for it and she won't prescribe it unless I needed it for contraception. Since I stupidly said I didn't have a boyfriend obviously she won't prescribe me it case closed, I've done it on myself. Think sometimes I'm too honest for my own good. However I'm sure I will have acquired a boyfriend next time I see her.
Which pill do you recommend? I have no clue what the difference is I only need it for pcos anyway.

When I first got these bad symptoms of fatigue and that I thought I was on my way out but then once I rang for the results of the ultrasound, and the receptionist said yep doctor wants to see you, but you must wait over a week I thought I'm stuck here. To be honest I was pinning my hope on exiting at the time. I think I'm over the worst of the depression now tho.

Cloudyrain wrote:I never realised hot flushes were part of pcos! I have terrible night sweats sometimes, and I'm not a sweaty person! I also get the ice-block hands and feet. Well, you learn something new every day!x
ladyp

Postby Hols969 » Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:16 am

Look at the medication forum to see which pill suits which symptom as some are better than others. Im on Yasmin, have been on marvelon and dianette, and they, for me, are all quite similar.
Unless stated, my views do not represent the official views, position or standing of Verity
Hols969
Verity Admin

Return to Other problems