Holding down a job/normal life

Other long term effects of PCOS

Moderators: thebuzz, Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia

Holding down a job/normal life

Postby piptom2121 » Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:53 pm

Hi
I was just curious - has anyone else struggled to hold down a job with some of the symptoms such as brain fog, mood swings, horrific periods - when they come! etc.
Also life - I struggle as always fatigued and I feel it makes me a horrid friend!

Opinions welcomed

Pip
xx
TTC since 2006
05/09 -
10mg Letrozole - OV - BFN
06/09
10mg Letrozole - Good size follicle
piptom2121

Postby Hols969 » Wed Oct 05, 2011 9:21 am

No I dont but Ive been on the contraceptive pill pretty much on and off for 20 years. I did find it difficult when TTC as it can be pretty depressing. I never had bad periods either which helps.

Tiredness could be a link to vitamin D deficiency as well, I presume you are taking multi vits as you are TTC?
Unless stated, my views do not represent the official views, position or standing of Verity
Hols969
Verity Admin

Postby celicachic » Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:37 pm

maybe go to ur gp and request pill or a blood test (full blood count) including vitamin B12, as being aneamic (sorry cant spell it) and having a vit b12 def can make u tired, fatigue etc, ( im currently going through this and taking b12, iron and multi vits and i will have another blood test in a few months)

all the best
celicachic

Postby ZM » Tue Nov 01, 2011 4:40 pm

Yep. I had to leave my career as the profession was fairly high stress and I was advised by a consultant it was my career or my health - he felt the PCOS was made far worse by the stress and I would become diabetic. The general PCOS symptoms and all the side effects of various drugs made it difficult to work to a high output reliably, it was just a bad combination. It was also difficult to get employers to accept I wanted to remain part-time for health reasons. I would build the business and then get lent on to increase hours so felt I had to resign and move on all the time.

I have been back to uni, retrained and I am now looking for a different part-time job. I think you need to assess what you can do realistically as my PCOS did really improve when we took a lot of the stress out of the equation.
Self diagnosed: 1999
Formally diagnosed after much pressure!: 2005
Current regime: Massive amounts of weight bearing exercise, and controlled diet. Have taken/tried Metformin, Dianette, Yasmin, Marvelon, Accutane. Now on Spearmint, Agnus Castus and low dose Spirinolactone.
ZM

Postby Dizzidee77 » Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:04 pm

I've started to struggle over the last few years. My periods don't often coincide with work (which is good because they can be ridiculously heavy and I'm not sure how i would cope with that) but being over emotional has been a big problem. I am trying to find work which helps me cope with it better, but I'm not sure what that would be.
Dizzidee77

Return to Other problems