Eating Disorders?

Other long term effects of PCOS

Moderators: thebuzz, Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia

Eating Disorders?

Postby DeeTheBee » Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:18 am

Hi there,

I was wondering if there were any other women out there with PCOS who also have an eating disorder? I've been trying to find out how I manage both whilst I'm waiting to be treated for either...

I've just been diagnosed with PCOS, but I have had an ED for about 13 years on and off. The ED gets a lot worse anytime I go on a diet and I'm currently at a stage where my body is just gaining weight constantly. I am now trying to get treatment for my ED and to deal with it means dieting is not allowed because of how it reinforces ED behaviours. The problem being that I can't lose weight without going on a diet and I'm now pretty much at the biggest I've ever been.

Over Christmas I gained 12lbs in 9 days, which is the most I've ever gained at one time. Since then I've been trying everything to lose weight but gained another 6lbs. A few months ago I was making progress and found a way of eating that was working for me and I lost 11lbs over 2 months but then my ED (bulimia) started coming back and getting worse and I have been severely depressed because of it. A couple of weeks ago I stopped the diet and have gained back 9lbs already. I'm so devastated and I don't know what to do. The only way I can find to deal with the weight problems that come with PCOS is to go on a diet, but if I diet then I make my ED worse so there's nothing I can do to help one thing without making the other worse.

If anyone has any advice or suggestions I'd really appreciate it.
DeeTheBee

Return to Other problems