Stomach Pain

Other long term effects of PCOS

Moderators: thebuzz, Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia

Stomach Pain

Postby nikki88 » Sun Sep 11, 2011 4:28 pm

Hey,

I had the Mirena coil fitted last October, this led to be being diagnosed with PCOS. Since i've had the coil fitted, i've been getting really bad pains in the right side of my abdomen and it spreads down my thigh. One GP told me it could be cysts bursting, another told me she wasn't sure what it was but told me did sound ovary related due to the thigh pain and my ultrasound scan shows my right ovary to be bigger than my left, but then a Gynaecologist told me it was probably bowel related.

Does anyone else have this kind of pain? If so, what have you been told it is?

Thanks x
nikki88

Postby zanussi » Tue Sep 13, 2011 5:24 pm

I get pains in the areas you describe- mine are sharp, shooting pains going from just beside my hip bone down through my groin to the top of my thigh. I usually find that they're due to trapped wind or they happen a few minutes before I need to go to the toilet. They only last for a few seconds at a time. Are your pains over quickly or do they last a while? Have you noticed any changes in your toilet habits since the pains started?
zanussi

Postby nikki88 » Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:59 pm

Hi zanussi, thanks for your reply. I having noticed any differences in toilet habits. The pain can last anywhere from a couple of minutes up to about 2 hours was the longest I had it. I find the only thing that works is Ibuprofen but even that can take a while to have an effect. I used to get the pain more often and used to find i got it when I was exercising.
nikki88

Postby fiona » Fri Sep 30, 2011 2:51 pm

I get the same kind of pains but at the left side, feels like dragging period pain also down my leg. And stabbing pains in pelvic regions.
fiona

Postby GillyRose » Sun Oct 23, 2011 3:20 pm

I get the same. I'm also noticing a pain in the cervix region (feels like its bruised).

I've asked my doc for cocodamol (500mg) I normally take two of those and it knocks the pain right out and leaves you floating (In a nice way!!)

I get the ovary pain too. It is like a sharp stabbing pain. Other times its like period pains (I've always suffered with very bad period pains.) With normal period pains I'm normally bed bound for the day, wanting to pull my hair out with the pain, and I can barely walk as it affects my legs (the pain travels down my thighs and stops just above the knee).

Also has anyone else had pains in the lower back region (where you would normally get sciatica pains)? I've had it for a quite a while and noticed it only started when my symptoms got worse before I was diagnosed.

I noticed Nikki88 said that pains are due to cysts bursting...Would there not be bleeding or is this not always the case?
GillyRose

Return to Other problems