cysts

Other long term effects of PCOS

Moderators: thebuzz, Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia

cysts

Postby lianeb » Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:21 pm

Anyone else suffer from cysts in the last 3 years I have had 2 cysts under my breast = one which was infected and cleeared up with antibiotics and the other is still there but doesn't cause any problems so have been told to just leave it.
The other 1 was discovered after my 2nd miscarriage aand was on my left ovary the drs have said that it hasn't changed in size since then so they are just going to leave it even though I said I get stabbing pains quite often in that area.
The drs say they havve nothing to do with my pcos but am interested in whether anyone else has had non-pcos cysts
Me and OH are 29/28 together 12 yrs TTC 8yrs
Dec 2009 - BFP (Clomid 100mg) MMC - Feb 2010 (7-12 weeks)
May 2011 - BFP (natural) MC - June 2011 (7 wks)
Aug 2011 - BFP (natural) MC - Aug 2011 (6 wks) - Diagnosed with hyperthyroidism
March 2012 - BFP (natural) MC - April 2012 (7 wks)
December 2012 - BFP (natural) still fighting due 14th August 2013
Henry William born 26th August 2013

lianeb

Postby Meringoo » Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:18 am

I get cysts on my head, I think they are called pillar cysts. They run in my famil on my mum's side. My gran had loads and had to have some removed. They grew the size of a tennis ball (quite scary but true!) and my mum has 2 on her head and a small one on her face. My younger sister has about three on her scalp ad I have 3 as well. They seem to change size depending on my hormones/stress/general health. xx
Meringoo

Postby BBLass » Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:20 am

I get head cysts too and they definitely seem to grow much slower and I've no new ones since my hormones have been slightly better controlled. If they bother you though getting them removed is pretty simple. I've had several removed and they don't need to shave your hair (which was my biggest fear!). Just a day off work to have them done and then painkillers for a couple of days afterwards.

I also had a 2cm cyst on my ovary picked up on a scan last year but, like with liane, they said just to leave it. I know they're apparently really common and tend to go away on their own, it feel like they should at least check on it!

Take care x x x
BBLass

Return to Other problems