Sweating

Other long term effects of PCOS

Moderators: thebuzz, Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia

Sweating

Postby MsMara » Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:25 am

Just wondered if I'm the only one who struggles with excessive sweating? It’s 9.15 & I walked from my car to my office which is a 2min walk at most, I can’t walk very fast as I have joint problems so am in quite a bit of pain at the mo and I am sweating like a pig in spandex over a spit roast. It drives me insane. What can I do about it? & Also, I don’t think any deodorant works anymore. ARRRGGGHHHH as if I don’t hate myself enough. Flip sake.
The best thing about life is that it's never so bad that it can't get worse.

Trying to lose 6 stone
MsMara

Postby gnatalie » Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:42 pm

I really struggle with this too. I don't think I smell (apart from the smell of my deodrant!) but I always seem to have wet patches under my arms. I've tried all sorts of different deodrants including the sure maximum protection one, which haven't made any difference. I also sweat a lot on my face, and you can't put deodrant there!! The sweat pours off me when I exercise, which I'm sure is a lovely sight for everyone else in the gym!

I just wanted to let you know you're not alone in this, but I'm afraid I can't offer much advice!
gnatalie

Postby bell4309 » Tue May 17, 2011 7:17 pm

Hi there

I too suffer with excessive sweatin and i use a product called Driclor. It comes in a container like a roll on deodorant and u apply it before you go to bed, and wash it off in the morning before you put ur deodorant on. It works by blocking some of the sweat pores so u dont excessively sweat. It can b bought over the counter at any pharmacists, i use boots to get mine, and i swear by it. It takes anything from a wk to a month to see the initial benefits, but this time of the yr i wouldnt b without it.

Sometimes it can cause a side effect of a little red rash - but its nt all the time and im sure its cos i dont always wash it off properly if im in a hurry in the morning. But i can put up with a little rash if it means im nt sweatin all day!!!!

Give it a try and let me know what you think of it!
bell4309

Postby tweety » Thu Jun 02, 2011 1:57 pm

Hi Ladies,

I have just come home after a gym session (been going actively for a couple of years now) and in the last month I have started excessively sweating and I hate it.
It's bad enough having other symptoms of PCOS now I have this! I have also started sweating under my arms when I am not active which is even more annoying and embarrassing.
I am so glad I have read this thread and feel a little better knowing I am not the only one who suffers this embarrassing problem. I am going to try some Driclor thanks to bell4309 for sharing this.
Will let you know how I get on Thanks for reading. :)
tweety

Postby Buttons » Fri Jun 03, 2011 7:13 pm

Hi,
I sweat under my arms loads!
Im quite slim so cannot blame it on my weight.

But I get so wet under my arms, its mad!

Ive tried all deodorants inc sure max protection.
I dont have extreme bad odour but I can smell it on my top at the end of the day.

The annoying thing is I can have a shower, put deodrant on and only few hours later can smell odour on my top, and my dibby boyfriend can wear his top 2 days in a row and not have any odour. Whats going on? I thought men were supposed to sweat more!!!!!!!!!!
Buttons

Postby zanussi » Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:51 am

They covered excessive sweating on embarrasing bodies a while back and they treated it using botox injections- it looked pretty uncomfortable and had to be repeated regularly but it did seem to help.
zanussi

Postby DeeDeex » Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:46 pm

Buttons wrote:Hi,
I sweat under my arms loads!
Im quite slim so cannot blame it on my weight.

Hi Buttons!
I sweat rather bad under my arms as well. So far Mitchum 48 hrs womens ball roll on seemed to work and pitrock deodrant works....although I do have my off days when it seems to do nothing but it's the best thing so far.
(I am slim as well)
Skinny PCOS
Diagnosed May 2011.
AF last seen October 2010

:(
DeeDeex

Postby helenmca80 » Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:33 am

HI ladies, you can get driclor on prescription from your GP. I suffer with excessive sweatness, especially on my face, just comes on sometimes...not a nice sight! x
helenmca80

Postby tashk » Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:34 pm

Thank goodness i have found this thread. It happens to me aswell. It happens in all weathers but is much worse in summer. The worse thing is that certain family members have started to notice the wet patches and started to comment on my excessive sweating. It makes me feel really rubbish.
tashk

Postby iam:ruby » Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:18 pm

I'm an excessive sweater too! Since puberty I've had serious problems with sweating (my male housemates refer to me as 'a sweaty girl', which is delightful..)!

I've tried Driclor but it burnt my underarms, so I prefer to use Anhydrol Forte which is a similar medication but doesn't burn me. After 1 use I can see a difference, but since it's only for underarms it doesn't solve the whole problem.

I used to regularly swap deoderant makes which made a little bit of a difference, and I've even tried the 'personal hygiene' deoderants for 'down there' since my thighs seem to create a very hot area :(. Eurgh!

Sadly my back, my scalp, armpits and groin are excessively hot and sweaty areas for me and nothing tackles them all - I sometimes wonder if it's a hormonal thing, since men are unable to tackle and hold water as well as women supposedly should, and if I technically have higher masculine hormones, maybe I have higher body temp and lack of water control!!
iam:ruby

Postby bethmoore28 » Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:15 am

im the same too, its horrible, my hands get really bad too!! i found mitchum 48 hr deoderant applied every day worked really well, which was weird for an over the counter one, i use foot talc on my legs and always have a can of dry shampoo for my hair which is usefull at lunchtime to soak up any excess sweat, but it is still ridiculous and makes me feel ill. I use a lot of talc which helps me a bit, but makes me feel about 104.
bethmoore28

Postby Hols969 » Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:35 am

Ive always had sweaty hands and I hate it. Funnily enough tho my son has my hands as they are always sweaty too... I know botox can help and I have heard of people having an op on their hands to stop the sweating! I know sweating is important as it cools down the body but why my hands!!!
Unless stated, my views do not represent the official views, position or standing of Verity
Hols969
Verity Admin

Postby ladyblues » Sun Jul 10, 2011 5:21 pm

My DH gets botox on the NHS for excessive sweating which he has had since suffering from severe nerve damage following failed surgery.

He has had it 3 times now (several months apart)and has noticed such a huge difference.

I am not sure if all NHS trusts offer botox but would be worth asking your GP about it.

My DH did have to try literally everything on the market prior to being referred to dermatology for the botox.

He gets 15 injections in each armpit but botox can also be given in the hands and feet.
ladyblues

Postby lianeb » Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:33 pm

loving this thread as I am having the worst summer for sweating. Just put some washing on and am dripping from head to toe!
In winter I tell everyone I've got internal central heating and can get away with going out in winter without a coat.
However this summer it has got ridiculous and am going to search out some of the items mentioned on this thread to see if I can solve it!
Thanks
Me and OH are 29/28 together 12 yrs TTC 8yrs
Dec 2009 - BFP (Clomid 100mg) MMC - Feb 2010 (7-12 weeks)
May 2011 - BFP (natural) MC - June 2011 (7 wks)
Aug 2011 - BFP (natural) MC - Aug 2011 (6 wks) - Diagnosed with hyperthyroidism
March 2012 - BFP (natural) MC - April 2012 (7 wks)
December 2012 - BFP (natural) still fighting due 14th August 2013
Henry William born 26th August 2013

lianeb

Postby Keren1978 » Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:00 pm

Is anyone else really struggling in this heat?

Its really humid here and I hate it! Its so embarrassing being all sweaty especially where I get it on my head and face as everyone can see it! Argh!

Don't know what else to do :(
Keren1978

Next

Return to Other problems