Summer

Other long term effects of PCOS

Moderators: thebuzz, Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia

Summer

Postby DCO22 » Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:43 pm

The weather is getting warmer and I was wondering if anyone had any tips for me for keeping cool in the heat? I have noticed that I react badly to heat (sweating, overheating) in comparison to people I know and I have read that this can be due to pcos. Aside from wearing loose clothing and drinking plenty of water, is there anything I can do? Herbal remedies?
DCO22

Postby Lamb » Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:16 pm

Hi DC,

I used to suffer terribly with heat, but I've got a lot better since following the below advice from a natural / herbal doctor.

The following for staying cool:

- Rose Water spray (or anything with rose oil / water in it) as rose is cooling to the body (rose body lotion etc..
- Peppermint / Spearmint tea (all mint is cooling to the body) or you could add chopped mint herb into more foods like salads and drinks
- Reduce all 'sour' foods / products in your diet as they cause internal heat (so that's tomato, vinegar or pickled products, yoghurt and hard cheese) plus avoid chilli pepper and alcohol (especially wine/beer/cider)
- Eat a 'lighter' diet generally, as heavy foods take more digesting and thus cause more heat in the body

Weird as it might sound, drinking iced drinks won't cool you down for long, better to drink room temperature. Ice / very cold drinks and food will just make your body work harder to digest anything.

If you find you're quite a hot person generally, avoiding all sour foods in the long term will really help you to rebalance this.

Good luck :)
Diagnosed PCOS - Apr 09
Supplements: Omega 3 Oils, multivitamin /mineral
Holistic Support: Indian Herbs
BMI: TBC Weight: TBC
Mummy to baby Harrison born 13-1-2012!
*******STAY POSITIVE*******
Lamb

Return to Other problems