Confused and worried

Other long term effects of PCOS

Moderators: thebuzz, Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia

Confused and worried

Postby smile5 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:39 pm

Hi there, Ive posted here before quite a while ago. Back then I was given provera to start my periods after months without. Now since then Ive had regular periods coming every 35 days, thats the best it has ever been. My periods were however lasting less days and becoming more painful. On the first day of period (the last one) I had diarreah (needed the toilet 7 times in less than an hour). I started the pill that day (a gp I saw said it will help with the pains/stomach issues). Now before this last period I was spotting atleast a week beforehand, Ive had quite a bit of discharge too. This period lasted much longer, after the first 3 days I was spotting up until 10 days after my period started. Now also in the last 3 weeks Ive put on 1/2 a stone (although it doesnt look it). Now my breasts are still hurting since the before my period and Ive noticed that my abdoman is swollen to a degree. If I stand side on and look in the mirror my left hand side sticks out compared to the right. If I lay down and press where that is its sore to touch. Its to the left of the belly button. Now I thought the ovaries were lower than that, although when I had my ultrasound scan done last year Im sure it was the left ovary that was enlarged (no cysts). Something doesnt make sense.

Any ideas? suggestions?
smile5

Postby Hols969 » Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:28 pm

Do you mean you have gone on the contraceptive pill as its not clear? It is common to spot for about 2-4 months from starting the pill. Which pill are you on as it could be that it just doesnt suit you .... as it shouldnt cause weight gain either.
Unless stated, my views do not represent the official views, position or standing of Verity
Hols969
Verity Admin

Return to Other problems