New + Needing Answers

Other long term effects of PCOS

Moderators: thebuzz, Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia

New + Needing Answers

Postby leigh1721 » Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:21 pm

Hi, :D im new to the site and hav just been diagnosed with pcos last week. am not yet on any meds and was wondering if anybody could give me some info.. im 23 and hav only noticed symptoms since april 2010 when i miscarried :cry: and didnt hav a period for apporx 5 month (had 3 to date since april). im quite spotty and hav very oily skin but did hav right threw school and just thought it was 'normal' for me :? i hav also noticed the hair on my upper lip has become very dark since aswell. :oops: im ot over weight at all, im underweight and try as i might, can not put any weight on :x kno one in my family has PCOS (that they are aware anyway) i already hav a child wit my husband :) and was only trying to concieve for 3 month before i caught on, now since miscarrying, we hav been tryin to concieve again.. failing miserably :cry: but then again, i hav next to no sexdrive i dont feel this is down to feeling 'yucky' . i hav VERY small breasts and this is a very big issue for me :oops: and wondered if this is a common problem as when i was pregnant with my daughter (full of female hormones) they increased FOUR cup sizes! :shock: i suffer with a lot of pain in my abdomel, slightly to each side, it was so bad at one point i was unable to go to work as the pain was making me feel dizzy and throw up. the pain finally began to easy oct/nov time (stil very bad.. but bearable) but i had a scan (that was painful at the time) in jan and the pain has returned as it was before. my husband and i would love to be able to hav another child :wink: and was wondering what the chances? and if anyone can offer any info on meds? i hav read some give you multiple pregnancy's and that as a reason is why most people tend to steer clear of that perticluar drug :? this is someting that would not bother me at all.. infact, i quite like the idea.. :lol:
any info shared would be very appriciated.. thanks.. kelly :D
leigh1721

Postby Hols969 » Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:17 pm

Pain is not associated with PCOS but can be caused by endrometreosis (not sure if I spelt that right!!) and a number of ladies do have both pcos and endo. It may be worth asking to be sent to an endocrinologist. Have you had your ovaries scanned as well to check they arent enlarged or you have a very large cyst (which is different to a pcos cyst)?

Clomid is used to help conceive, the chances of multiple is rare as well, but not everyone responds to it, I didnt. have you been referred to fertility yet. I think the fact that you conceived within 3 months is a good sign, and you have a child already so I think the chances of you getting pregnant again is high. I actually asked the Verity experts about miscarriage and they say that there is no increased risk of it with pcos ladies, so unfortunately your mc may have been one of those things really.
Unless stated, my views do not represent the official views, position or standing of Verity
Hols969
Verity Admin

Postby leigh1721 » Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:04 am

i hav been tested for endo, its clear, i no 2 ppl at work wo hav pcos and duffer with a lot of pain too. i hav had my overies scaned and im back to see the consultant on 21st not been refered to fertility yet as this is what that app is for. i hav mc twice now, both twins so docs told me i couldnt carry twins, but that was before pcos was diagnosed. we'e been trying for 9month and nothin as yet..
leigh1721

Postby Hols969 » Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:20 pm

It would be worth speaking about the pain as I specifically asked our endocrinolist experts at verity and they pcos doesnt cause pain. Have they checked if you have a large cyst or anything.
Unless stated, my views do not represent the official views, position or standing of Verity
Hols969
Verity Admin

Postby leigh1721 » Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:02 pm

they never said, i hav to go back to consultant on 21st for indepth discussion. , i wil just hav to wait and see what they say. thanks.x
leigh1721

Return to Other problems