Helping my partner with PCOS

Other long term effects of PCOS

Moderators: thebuzz, Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia

Helping my partner with PCOS

Postby albee_be » Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:52 pm

Hi there. This is a call for help please. My fiancee has PCOS, and isn't the best at talking. I was wondering if in your experiences there was anything that I could do to help her? She's been through some tough times recently and will do whatever I can to help her.

Any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks

Alex
albee_be

Postby Hols969 » Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:47 am

What are the main issues that she has to deal with? Being on the contraceptive pill can help with a lot of symptoms and can reduce the black times.

I think when you are diagnosed, especially if you are in a relationship, there is the worry that you wont be able to conceive, which can make you feel very guilty and push partners away. But the majority do conceive, some without help, some with. Diet does play a major role in pcos and you need to reduce as much sugar in your diet as possible, along with the white carbs and move to the brown stuff. This avoids the highs and lows we can have too.

maybe suggest her looking at verity, sometimes when you are diagnosed it can feel quite lonely but there are lots on here that may help.

The other thing is to perhaps join verity as you get a membership pack which she can read which has bookletts on the different issues that we can have and how to help them. It also allows verity to do more research etc on pcos so it would help us too!!
Unless stated, my views do not represent the official views, position or standing of Verity
Hols969
Verity Admin

Postby Rach P » Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:05 pm

Alex I just wanted to say that you being so supportive is half the battle. PCOS can make us feel quite alone because it can make us feel so unattractive and frankly at times quite worthless so the fact that you love her so much and care so much to come on here to ask for help is just so lovely. xx
Diagnosed 05
BFP 8/4/08 - Clomid #2 (100mg) - EDD 13/12/08
Alanis & Danté born in hospital at 38+5 on 4/12/08 weighing 6lb6oz & 6lb13oz
Natural BFP 3/9/11 - EDD 2/5/12
Eden born in water at home at 39+4 on 29/4/12 weighing 7lb6oz

http://thiswomansworkblog.blogspot.com/
Rach P

Postby tashk » Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:36 pm

Alex i think its great that you are so supportive of your partner.
tashk

Return to Other problems