menopause

Other long term effects of PCOS

Moderators: thebuzz, Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia

menopause

Postby jen234 » Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:23 am

has any of you women suffered from early menopause i think i am going through it now and i am only 20. i checked on internet for symptoms of the menopause and i have the hot flushes, night sweats, mood swings, trouble sleeping, pains in joints (even though i do have hypermobility i know that don't help) and problems with my periods there is other symptoms on the website. here it is incase any of you ladies are thinking you might be going to through it. http://www.familyhealthguide.co.uk/meno ... ptoms.html
jen234

Postby noodles1609 » Mon Jan 03, 2011 12:20 pm

Hey hun

The symptoms you describe are typical of many hormonally related issues, I have them too but having had all my bloods done again recently, I know everything is fine, still working to the correct levels with one exception - I have low progesterone - this can cause all those symptoms, there are lots of internet articles about it as well as with oestrogen dominance (similar).

It's all too easy to let the internet do the diagnosis for you, I'm sooo guilty of doing that so many times! Best advice would be to go see your gp, get some cycle bloods done and then take it from there.

Nicola x
Starting a journey to a whole new me - the mini version

noodles1609

Postby jen234 » Mon Jan 03, 2011 12:29 pm

thank you for your reply you have actually put my mind at rest in the way that it could be something else i know that still isn't good but from a young age i have always wanted kids and that is what i was more bothered about then anything else. and i will be making appointment to see gp soon and hopefully they will listen.
jen234

Postby emma30 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:33 pm

hi jen i too have the same symptoms as you and also have hypermobility. I get a lot of pain in my left hip.

Hope you feel better soon. I know it's a pain feeling like this.

Take care x
PCOS diagnosed 23/6/2010
Metformin start : 17/7/10 - 1500mg a day
Vaniqa cream: Good so far!
Dietician start : 6/7/2010
Hysteroscopy: 23/7/2010 - Clear! No other problems found

MUM TO 2 crazy but sweet boys
WONDERFUL OH
emma30

Postby bestfootforward » Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:58 pm

Hi,

I have all those symptoms when I'm not on the pill - my Dr says they're caused by my low oestrogen levels. I haven't discussed fertility with dr but am assuming there will be some way to supplement my oestrogen if I do try to get pregnant.
Also hypermobile, so my hips ache when I run, and I have a slightly curved spine which is a pain, but I can't complain as there are so many thousands of far worse things that could be wrong with me!
Hope your appointment goes well.

x
bestfootforward

Return to Other problems