Libido

Other long term effects of PCOS

Moderators: thebuzz, Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia

Libido

Postby davebear » Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:11 pm

Hi Everyone,

I recently found out my partner has PCOS (or at least it seems extremely likely).

I am reading as much as I can into PCOS, one subject seems to be a bit confusing/conflicted though. Some websites/sufferers claim PCOS raises libido due to the increased testosterone - but others claim next to no libido.

Is there anything more authoritative I can read about this area?

Getting her to register here for some support/information as soon as possible :)

Cheers,
Dave
davebear

Postby Hols969 » Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:49 pm

I dont think it is down just to the hormones to be honest, I think its partly down to how women feel about themselves, if they feel fat or ugly then this massively affects libido.

Some ladies on here have a good libido, others dont so I think the increase in testosterone is misleading, it doesnt mean we will be like men and will have an increase in sex drive! I think a lot is down to confidence about how you feel in yourself and whether you feel attractive.
Unless stated, my views do not represent the official views, position or standing of Verity
Hols969
Verity Admin

Postby Evangelion » Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:53 pm

How lovely that you're doing some reading up on PCOS - your partner is a lucky girl :-)

I think Holly is right, I think it comes down to confidence - when my testosterone was at it's highest (about 10 times what it should be for a woman :shock: ) the last thing I was thinking about was sex, I can tell you that. I was also 3st overweight and covered in acne which may well have had something to do with it...

It was deemed to be only mildly elevated a few weeks ago, and I don't think anything has changed libido wise in me, even though weight and acne wise things are much better.
So it may well come down to the individual rather than their testosterone level.

HTH
Evangelion

hm

Postby davebear » Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:44 pm

Thanks for the replies ladies. We have been reading a book together about it - it names Verity in the book a few times! Libido is certainly impacted on both a psychological and a hormonal level, but I don't think its everyones priority

:oops:

so much of the discussion seems to be centered around fertility and general health.
davebear

Postby Hols969 » Wed Nov 24, 2010 3:15 pm

Which book are you reading out of interest?
Unless stated, my views do not represent the official views, position or standing of Verity
Hols969
Verity Admin

Return to Other problems