Chronic Fatigue Syndrome/ Fibromyalgia

Other long term effects of PCOS

Moderators: thebuzz, Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia

Chronic Fatigue Syndrome/ Fibromyalgia

Postby debsydoodles » Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:53 am

Hi, :D

I am new to this forum but have been diagnised with PCOS since 2005. Two years ago I was also diagnosed with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome/ Fibromyalgia. Recently, I have read two different books on the conditions which seem to suggest that some scientists think there is a link between these illnesses.

Has anyone else on here who has PCOS also been diagnosed with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome/ Fibromyalgia?
debsydoodles

CFS

Postby Nims25 » Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:02 pm

Hi, I can't say I have heard of a link... but had CFS a number of years ago... the PCOS has only just been diagnosed though.
Nims25

That said

Postby Nims25 » Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:10 pm

Wikipedia seems to suggest that CFS is a symptom - due to severe hormone allergy / imbalance... that is very interesting. Something I deffo need to discuss with my GP when I see them to sort out all treatment. Let me know if you find out more... I still definitely have low energy and get exhausted for very little reason.
Nims25

Postby Meringoo » Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:46 pm

I have read about possible links e.g. due to hormones and metabolism problems in PCOS plus the low immune system with CFS. I think during my teens I had undiagnosed CFS, which was just diagnosed as "post-flu debilitation" when I was 14 (for a year at least - I missed a whole year of school which isn't exactly the sniffles), but my immune system has remained pretty weak. I also have endometriosis which flares up and makes me incredibly ill, and I have no energy or resilience!

I have found acupuncture to be very helpful for all these problems, though I only discovered it more recently. I recommend it! xx
Meringoo

Postby Kirky » Sun Nov 07, 2010 3:57 pm

Could you explain to me what CFS is please?
Diagnosed July 2009
Kirky

Postby Meringoo » Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:15 pm

Meringoo

Re: Chronic Fatigue Syndrome/ Fibromyalgia

Postby BabyJ » Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:04 pm

debsydoodles wrote:Hi, :D

I am new to this forum but have been diagnised with PCOS since 2005. Two years ago I was also diagnosed with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome/ Fibromyalgia. Recently, I have read two different books on the conditions which seem to suggest that some scientists think there is a link between these illnesses.

Has anyone else on here who has PCOS also been diagnosed with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome/ Fibromyalgia?

Hi Debsy;

Hope you're still around on here as this post was a while back. Just wanted to say that I suffer from CFS & Fibromyalgia, I was diagnosed in 2004 but took a couple of years for official diagnosis. I was diagnosed with PCOS a few months later.
Never considered that these could be linked but would make sense given the simalarities in some symptoms.
BabyJ

Postby tashk » Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:31 pm

Hi ladies i was diagnosed with fibro in june 2008 and not CFS/ME as they are two very different conditions. I was then diagnosed with pcos in february 2010. I have also heard that there is a link to them all. Hope everyone is well.
tashk

Return to Other problems