i need to talk to someone

Other long term effects of PCOS

Moderators: thebuzz, Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia

i need to talk to someone

Postby aj_x » Sun Oct 10, 2010 11:01 pm

i wasn't sure where it fitted in. i'm 18 years of age and even though im young i was dianosed with pcos at 11 . everywhere i go i see a baby and someone pushing a push chair. i suffer from pcos. seeing everyone becoming pregnant and having kids is making me jealous and i feel so inadequate compared to other people. its making me upset everytime i see someone with a child. i just want a child of own. i know i have my whole life ahead of me and such but i really dont know where to turn to now. i've been feeling like this for such a long time and i've had no one to talk to. i had no idea there was this group and everytime i've tried to talk about no one has understood where i'm coming from. it;s just getting me so down. i feel like crap most days because of it and i can't talk to anyone about it because they dont understand me :cry:
aj_x

Postby jen234 » Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:15 am

i know how you feel am 20 in couple of weeks and look at women who are pregnant or have babies and am like i wish i could have one even had a dream last night that i had a baby girl. i have always wanted a baby girl but i would love to have a boy.
jen234

Postby aj_x » Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:31 am

i've always wanted 5 children ever since a young age but when i found out about this my dream was shattered i know you can have ivf and things but its so expensive. i've been with my boyfriend for 5 years now and not once have i been caught pregnant. i've not had a period for the past 6 months, i suffer with spots, greasy hair and skin, excess hair and i have a constant battle with my weight and i always constantly lactate from my breasts. it gets me down and then this on top is just slowly upsetting me because i really want a child.
aj_x

Postby zanussi » Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:12 pm

Just because you have PCOS doesn't mean you won't be able to get pregnant- there are plenty of ladies on here who do have children naturally or with a little bit of help from doctors. If you need help there are lots of other options before you get to IVF and most can be done on the NHS provided you meet the criteria (age, bmi, etc...)
There are lots of things you can do like taking your temperature every morning upon waking and charting them on a website like fertility friend- that will give you an idea of whether you're ovulating and help you to get to know your body better.
Also are you taking folic acid every day? If you're not using contraception it's really important that you do for your baby's sake if you do manage to fall pregnant. Remember it is possible to fall pregnant even if you don't have periods.
Good luck x
zanussi

Postby Hols969 » Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:09 pm

As Zanussi says, you arent infertile, it just can sometimes take a bit longer to get preg thats all. Are you trying for a baby now?
Unless stated, my views do not represent the official views, position or standing of Verity
Hols969
Verity Admin

Postby aj_x » Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:02 am

i know its not impossible to have children. and i know that 18 is not really an age to start having children and that i have my life ahead of me. but i want a child, its the one thing i've wanted ever since i was 12 years old. i've been trying now for the past 12 months, with 4 times thinking i was when i havent been. it's really starting to get me down now
aj_x

Postby Hols969 » Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:57 am

Go and get referred to fertility if you have already been trying for a year. If both of you can go that would be good as they may try and fob you off because of your age. It may be that the issue is down to your partner as 1/3 of fertility issues are now men.

Do you know if you ovulate ? as it may be worth taking your temperature to see if you do as you will then be able to advise the fertility dr what your body is up to. Ovulator predictor kits can be unreliable though so dont waste your money on them!!

You dont need a period to ovulate either, it is possible to get pregnant without one but its important to have 4 periods a year to keep your uterus healthy. What is your weight like as often they wont give you fertility treatment if you are over a bmi of 30?

Dont despair, it will happen but its worth finding out if you are ovulating and also would be worth having a laparoscopy to see if your tubes are clear etc, and for your partner to be tested too. Ask to be referred to the fertility department, pcos is a KNOWN fertility issue so dont let your GP fob you off because of your age.
Unless stated, my views do not represent the official views, position or standing of Verity
Hols969
Verity Admin

Postby Isolate. » Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:08 am

Having PCOS doesn't mean you can't have children it just means it may be more difficult to conceive.
I also understand what you mean about people not understanding....
If I mention PCOS.... Everybody seems to think I'm making it up. :(
Isolate.

Postby 04Mel » Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:51 am

I can absolutly see where you are coming from.
I would love nothing more than to have a baby with my husband and everywhere i look other people are "popping them out"
So far since Christmas 5 of my friends have said they are pregnant and it tears me up inside. I am happy for them, but still am very very jealous.
I know it is still possible for us PCOS sufferers to have a family, but it does take time and doesnt stop these thoughts.

All i can say is try to stay positive and definately get referred to the fertility clinic.
:)
04Mel

maybe try a different view point

Postby lightlady » Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:19 pm

I was diagnosed when I was 22, I am now 31 I had always thought I would have children at some point but unfortunately my pcos is too bad to have children. So I decided with help that the blood connection is not that important to me. This may sound like a very old line, but what about adoption? There are so many children who need a loving caring home, and indeed what about having a life travel, adventures, extra . I know it is not an easy pill to swallow, but you have options.
you take care
hugs
lightlady

Postby becca » Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:33 pm

Hi, I was quite similar to you. I was formally diagnised at 16 but the doctors suspected something was up from about 13 as i had one period and then no more. i also had really bad acne from 10 years old. I am 28 now and have suffered with weight, acne and hair ever since.

I have been broody since about 14 when my younger half sisters were born but never got a BF until 18 and went to uni etc. I am now very very broody and it is so upsetting seeing all of these people i went to school with on FB with babies and seeing pregnant people. Well me and my BF started talking about babies a few years ago when we got a house. We put it off but suddenly i thought on no i am 27 and it could take me ages so i came off the pill. periods didn't come for months and i only got 2 in 8 months. Anyway i started taking agnus castus (i would highly recommend it) and i have had a really short cycle this time, 38 days compared to 102 I am going to try temping this month to check if i ovulate. I would recommend trying agnus castus and temping as really if it has worked for me (metformin doesn't work well for me and neither does much else i have tried) it must be good!!!

good luck xx
becca

Return to Other problems