BAD stomach pain - scared

Other long term effects of PCOS

Moderators: thebuzz, Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia

BAD stomach pain - scared

Postby jazzy » Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:50 pm

Hi everyone

I have been with verity for a while now - since June 2010. I replied to a post about belly trouble as I have bad stomach probs (eg: bloating, pain, sickness and quasy-ness especially during or after meals. It plays up when I get stressed too. I am on 20 mg omeprazole prescribed by my doctor to help. I tried coming off it for a while, went on holiday - stomach was really painful though and for the first time I actually vomited on one occasion and it almost happened again that week! was not fun... when i was back in the uk over summer I tried coming off omeprazole and couldnt because I felt sick and stomach hurt - ive now moved to a new college as gap year before uni - tried again 2 come off omeprazole after a while and have had to go straight back on it cos i almost threw up after a meal the other day :(.

going back to doctors with my PA 4 support (she has similar stomach problems and im also in wheelchair) to get it checked out properly, as it may be a stomach ulcer or something - I don't know :(. It makes me feel faint and groggy when my stomach aches and I also have gaw stones.... Im only 19 and deep down this thing, my stomach etc is really really scaring me :(! I know im gonna have 2 eventually go hospital about it but im just scared of what they might have 2 do AND how ill my stomach's making me feel. My PA has similar probs so I talk 2 her about it and let other people know its there, but 2nite its driving me mad, the thought of tests and hospitals is really scaring me, my brain is buzzing - dont know what 2 do or where 2 turn.

I had spinal surgery in 2008 and went through horrible hospital infection and nasty treatments - came out ok in the end, but I am SOOOO SCARED (AND SHAKING actually now) at the thought of having to go through hospital/doctors treatments all over again - OH HELP!

Thanks. from VERY anxious and scared Jazzy xx
Diagnosed with PCOS at 17.
Anti Depressants feb 09
OFF Anti Depressants june 09 :)
Personality: Kind and sensitive but can be fiesty
Cerazette June 2011
Micronor Aug 2011
AD's 13/03/12 after 2 years, nine months off them (citalopram again)
off citilopram 01 Aug 2012
jazzy

Location: Derby termtime at uni, South East, Kent during holidays

Postby Hols969 » Sun Oct 03, 2010 4:52 pm

I think its got to be checked out, life is too short to feel as rough as you do, its not fun. I know dr and hospitals are scary but I think you have to try and be brave because its too important not to and you cant carry on like this.

Let us know how it goes and try and be brave, I think the infection last time was unusual and Im sure it wont happen again.

Let us know how it goes xx
Unless stated, my views do not represent the official views, position or standing of Verity
Hols969
Verity Admin

Postby jazzy » Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:35 am

Hi Holly... im Holly too by the way - my screen name is Jazzy! I've been to the doctors this morning and theyve upped my omeprazole to 2 per day... after that it will be the horrible stuff like tube down my throat at hospital etc... im gonna give it a month or so on the upped dose then see if they want to review or refer me anywhere. To be honest I kind of wanted my dr to get me seeing a dietician. Im not fussy or faddy with food but my likeness/relationship to food even stuff i normally like, has gone down the pan since my stomach started playing up. I find myself not wanting to eat but force myself because I need to. Sometimes even foods I used to love I barely touch... its very wierd!

I'll see how it goes and if it doesnt improve I'll go back to the doctors xx
Diagnosed with PCOS at 17.
Anti Depressants feb 09
OFF Anti Depressants june 09 :)
Personality: Kind and sensitive but can be fiesty
Cerazette June 2011
Micronor Aug 2011
AD's 13/03/12 after 2 years, nine months off them (citalopram again)
off citilopram 01 Aug 2012
jazzy

Location: Derby termtime at uni, South East, Kent during holidays

Postby Hols969 » Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:49 pm

Good, well fingers crossed it helps. Maybe try cutting stuff out of your diet if it aggrevates it. I have had no wheat at all on my diet and do actually feel better, I did have a slice of tiger bread and it made me constipated and then got piles :oops:

Let us know how it goes, I know the tube thing is really scary and its normal to be scared but it may just pinpoint something they havent thought of.
Unless stated, my views do not represent the official views, position or standing of Verity
Hols969
Verity Admin

Postby Topaz » Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:36 pm

Hi Jazzy.

Hopefully the tests will eliminate a bunch of potential problems. Every time they scratch something off the list of 'what it might be', they get closer to finding the answer. It's frustrating sometimes, but it's much better than them not trying anything.

TBH, I'd push for getting those gall stones out. Many of your symptoms sound exactly the same as I had for nearly a decade, and it turned out the be almost entirely caused by the gall stones. When they got rid of my gall bladder (because it was too chock full of stones to bother just taking those out), most of the symptoms went away. I still have a little IBS, but it's become much easier now to work out what triggers that.

Even if it turns out not to be the gall stones, getting rid of them will be one less pain you have to deal with.

Let us all know how it goes. Best of luck with the results!
Topaz

Return to Other problems