tiredness

Other long term effects of PCOS

Moderators: thebuzz, Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia

Postby ShadyLady » Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:01 pm

i also get extremely tired, sometimes its so bad that like for example today im in bed in the afternoon trying to sleep off tiredness.

i would be truly greatful to find something to help,sometimes i take magnesium which gives me energy, but then it gives me to much energy and i over do it after taking it and when it wears off i get a rude awakening and feel so tired again and feel useless.

thanks holly for the info about the link with vit d deficiency and tired i shall, take more vit d then.

im not a member of verity atm i was once but membership expired and i never renewed it.
caz xxxx

yippee ki yay
ShadyLady

Postby espoir » Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:09 pm

For those of you on Metformin, you should look into vit B12 deficiency as a cause of tiredness. Met has been linked to vit B12 deficiency.
espoir

Postby A_Tink » Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:54 am

I found I was sleeping 12 to 13 hours a night, especially if I hadn't eaten properly that day, and went to my doc who diagnosed me with insulin resistance. This is when your body taks longer to absorb certain sugars. Since then i've been on a low GI diet, lost 21lbs and have so much more energy, even managed to get through a busy weekend on 4 hours sleep!! May not be the case for you guys but could be worth checking out :D xx
A_Tink

Postby Chrissy1588 » Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:45 pm

Ive been feeling the same for the last few years and the NHS clinic said my blood tests were very healthy - outstanding apparently! Well, if you call borderline B12, B6 and iron reslts normal! I went to an endocrinologist who confirmed pernicious anemia - so much for normal.

Have been on metformin for more than 10yrs and it basically destroys your ability to make and absorb B12 so even though I have been supplementing religiously, they never had an impact. Ive been started on a course of B12 injections which will need for the rest of my life.

On top of that, my Vit D was almost unmeasurable. This can cause not only fatigue but also aches and pains similar to fibromyalgia.

If you are feeling that wiped, demand to have a referral to either an endo or a haematologist who can actually interpret the lab results. Its not worth letting a gp tell you you are fine whe you know you're not! Vit B12 deficiency can have some pretty serious long-term effects (excluding the problems associated with anemia which it leads to).
Chrissy1588

Previous

Return to Other problems