Green discharges

Other long term effects of PCOS

Moderators: thebuzz, Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia

Green discharges

Postby Lala123 » Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:52 pm

Hi, I've been diagnosed with PCO. I've got normal periods (my main symptoms are facial hair and spots) but I keep getting greeny bluey discharges in between my periods. I had a swap taken and it is definitely not an infection or virus, and I asked my gynaecologist about it and he said not to worry and it's just another symptom of PCO.

I was just wondering if anyone else has experienced the same thing, as there doesn't seem to be much about it online as a general symptom of PCO?

Thanks.
Lala123

Postby Meringoo » Sun Sep 19, 2010 12:18 pm

That's not a symptom I have ever heard of - not greeny/blue discharge anyway. It does sound like an infection. When did you have your swab? Would it be worth getting another done?

Found this info on the Bupa site:

Trichomoniasis

Trichomoniasis is caused by a parasite called Trichomonas vaginalis. This is usually transmitted during unprotected sexual intercourse.

Symptoms of trichomoniasis include a heavy, frothy, yellow-green, fishy-smelling vaginal discharge. However, half of women with trichomoniasis don't have any symptoms.

If left untreated, trichomoniasis infection may increase your risk of:

* transmission of viruses
* premature labour
* low birth-weight baby

If you have trichomoniasis, your GP will refer you to a sexual health clinic.

Trichomoniasis can sometimes get better without treatment, but antibiotics are usually prescribed. Antibiotics can be taken as a course of tablets for five to seven days or as a one-off large dose. Sexual partners need to be treated as symptoms are less common in men, and your partner may be unaware he is infected.

Of course, it might not be that, but what you describe is definitely not normal so it's worth getting checked again so you can take something to clear it up. xx
Meringoo

Return to Other problems