anyone else get these symtpoms are they pcos related?

Other long term effects of PCOS

Moderators: thebuzz, Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia

anyone else get these symtpoms are they pcos related?

Postby babybutterfly » Sat Aug 21, 2010 4:10 pm

ok well im largely confused my gp gyno are no help what so ever the only help ive hadis from reading other womens posts on every forum i can possibly find i was diagnosed with pcos in 09 (allthough my gyno confuses me she says i have it scan and blood work confirm it but because i dont have facial hair and im not overweight means i dont have it ) in constantly in and out the gps with problems pelvic pain ect which my gyno now wants to do surgery for to have a look around now however im suffering with chronic tummy pain and swelling im fine first thing in the morning couple hours into being up my tummy is so swollen its unreal i cant wear any of my nice clothes because of the swelling its getting me terribbly down and i just know if i go to my gp nothing will get done im constantly being asked what meds im on to help with the pcos and when i tell people im not on any they look confused my gp and gyno refuse to put me on any meds that could help due to the fac tthat me an dmy bf are not trying to get pregnant and we will never get pregnant again (bf had vasectomy after the 2nd m/c),

is there anything i can do or take herbaly that will help with this swellng and help with the cramps i get i constantly feel like im going to come on my period which come to mention it have gone haywire ive gone from 2 days of very light spotting to now getting one on the 26th july then again on the 7th aug-15th aug i took a ovulation test today and its strong posotive so maybe the pains for last few days have been ovulation? allthough its not been long since my 2nd period finished what the heck is going on im so down at the mo and have no one talk to about it all my bf somtimes thinks i play on the way i feel and most of it is in my head :(

please help if you can (im awaiting on some important test results then im changing my gp im sick of him not wanting to help and me being left to suffer :()
d/x jan 09
ibs 4/10/10
1st m/c 08
19 weeks gestation
2nd m/c 09 6 weeks gestation
been with dbf for 3 years
2 children 1 step child
5 fur babies
1 non fur baby (tortoise lol)
not ttc
babybutterfly

Postby Annoldie » Sat Aug 21, 2010 6:45 pm

Hi there, I'm sorry you are having such a rotten time. If you have cysts on your ovaries and positive blood tests then you do have pcos. About 40% of women with pcos are not over weight. The Verity conference coming up in November has a session booked for slim women with pcos! Not all women with pcos have hair problems either, you don't have to have all the symptoms. Sorry I can't help you with your gynae problems, they may or may not be pcos related and you really need a good gynae to get them sorted out for you. I think you are right to change your GP, it sounds to me as though both your GP and gynae don't know much about PCOS. A GP with more knowledge of PCOS might be able to refer you to a Gynae who can give you more help. We shouldn't have to change doctors and jump up and down to get the help we need but sometimes we have to - you can't spend the rest of your life feeling miserable or let it damage you relationship - life is too short. Ann
Annoldie

Postby babybutterfly » Sat Aug 21, 2010 8:18 pm

Ann- thank you so very much for your reply. im rather angry at the fact im having to change my gp my bf also has problems with getting anywhere with him with his conditions aswell so prob best all round if we move im sure another gp will take me i have multipul health probs.

ill find out one way or another though when i change gp makes me angry that they think you have to have facial hair and be over weight to qualify for pcos they refuse to fully diagnose me too. which i find strange i do but dont have it thats what my notes say!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

please could anyone tell me which of the following are definatly pcos related. thanks

excess hair on legs arm pits i shave every day-every other day at least or i look like a monkey lol

haywire periods

dizzy spells

headachs

nausea

tummy cramps

pelvic pain (this is being looked into as there is no other reason other than the cysts wrong)

i loose huge amounts of head hair :(

spots :(

depressions

mood swings

anxiety

boob pain

tiredness

discharges (but its never thrush????????)

cant think anymore at mo lol sorry long post
d/x jan 09
ibs 4/10/10
1st m/c 08
19 weeks gestation
2 children 1 step child
5 fur babies
not ttc
babybutterfly

Postby Annoldie » Sat Aug 21, 2010 11:09 pm

Excess hair, irregular periods, loss of head hair, spots, depression, mood swings, anxiety and tiredness are all common and recognized pcos symptoms. Dizzy spells, tummy cramps, pelvic pain and boob pain, are all frequently complained of by women on this site but I don't think they are officially symptoms. Nausea is related to Insulin Resistance which many women have - when your blood sugar gets low. Ann.
Annoldie

Postby babybutterfly » Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:08 am

hi ann thanks so much for your help i just wish my gyno and gp would recognise it aswell :( ive only had my sugar checked once n my gp never gave me the rsults :( but thanks fo ryour help
d/x jan 09
ibs 4/10/10
1st m/c 08
19 weeks gestation
2 children 1 step child
5 fur babies
not ttc
babybutterfly

Postby Meringoo » Mon Sep 13, 2010 5:02 pm

All look like PCOS-related though I think it is worth looking into the pelvic pain. If your doctor is willing to send you for surgery that could mean it's due to cysts needing to be removed, or there's another reason for the pain and cramps, such as endometriosis (which I have), and this can also upset your periods too.
Meringoo

Postby Topaz » Wed Sep 22, 2010 3:30 pm

suffering with chronic tummy pain and swelling im fine first thing in the morning couple hours into being up my tummy is so swollen its unreal i cant wear any of my nice clothes because of the swelling

I can not offer you medical advice on this as I have no medical expertise. But I suffered from this for years. Most of my clothes had elastic waist bands to help ease the discomfort.

I stress your case may be different and you still need to have a good gyna look at your case, but for me the key ended up being carbohydrates. With the extreme insulin resistance my body just won't process sugars and carbohydrates properly. Cereals, breads, any kind of sugary food eaten for breakfast has exactly that effect on me. These days I tend to have something with a lot of protein in it, and try and make sure I don't eat carbs without protein (this was all on the advice of my gyna and dietician). I don't manage to stick to it all the time, but it's relieved the swelling a lot.

If you have multiple health problems and are getting nowhere with your GP and gyn, then it's really best to look somewhere else. Your health is too important to be in the hands of someone who isn't trying very hard to help you.
Topaz

Return to Other problems