Sweating...

Other long term effects of PCOS

Moderators: thebuzz, Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia

Postby LittleLegs21 » Mon Aug 09, 2010 1:01 pm

Hi all

So good to know it's not just me. Before I was diagnosed I was at a loss! :(

Re natural deodorants - my bf has been using the Body Shop natural deodorant and he loves it - although it is a bit on the pricey side. Garnier also do a natural minerals deodorant which I think is pretty good.

:D
LittleLegs21

Postby andypandyis » Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:54 am

Ive suffered from this for years and tried all the lotions and potions the doctors gave me, Finally they referred me and i have had 2 lots of botox injections. They do really work, my first lot only seemed to work for about 6-8mnths but the 2nd lot are working longer now. The doctors said it takes time for the botox to build up in the body.
andypandyis

Postby FIREFIGHTER » Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:51 am

nothing works for me and so is depressed about everything now.
FIREFIGHTER

Postby andypandyis » Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:52 pm

I honestly understand how you are feeling. I tried so many different things to hide it or cover it up. But have you asked your GP for a referal so you can recieve botox on the NHS? I had to actually ask for it, they didnt give it as an option.
andypandyis

Postby clp » Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:18 pm

i can really recomend driclor solution, it works amazingly well you use it at night for a week it does itch abit but try to put up with it if you can and dont shave befor using as it really stings !!! after a week you use it every few days or so it actually stops you sweating altogether i sweated really badly but with this not even a drop whilst exercising ,i got mine from boots it with the other deoderants its in a small box it costs more around £9 but the effect is so worth it hope youll give it a go
clp

Postby FIREFIGHTER » Mon Sep 06, 2010 4:00 pm

I tried that as well and it didt work for me :( nothing works for me. I have hair on my chest I have excema and i have hair on my face too.
:cry:
FIREFIGHTER

Postby samone » Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:01 pm

I know how you feel firefighter, i have hair on my face but not my chest.
I sweat terribly and it isn't just my body, the sweat pours down my face, anyone would think that i had been running a marhion, but all i am doing now is using the computer and i'm sweating.
glad it isn't just me!
samone

Postby FIREFIGHTER » Sat Sep 11, 2010 9:19 pm

:( I was in brent x and I had a woman said to me y don't u go have a shower or spray deorandant on yourself so u can stop smellying I wish she can experience this problem.
FIREFIGHTER

Postby CarrieR » Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:21 pm

that's rude of her!

it seems i get sweaty just sitting and thinking sometimes! there are times when my bf will touch me and he says im boiling hot, but i haven't got a cold or anything.

a good deoderant i use is the Sure fast drying one. i have tried in vain to look for deo wipes to pop in my handbag for everyday use, but they do not sell them anywhere in leeds (boots, bodycare etc). they are perfect for women with PCOS. i suppose you could use feminen wipes
CarrieR

Postby TigerLily » Thu Sep 16, 2010 8:33 am

I've recently tried the sure and dove maximum protection sticks; they are both brilliant. They really worked and were tested in a very hot Mallorca in August :)
They are quite expensive (about £4.75) but last for a month or so. They last 48hrs and you put it on at night so it can do it's stuff while you are asleep.
It's like a stick, but actually a cream. You twist the base to get the cream to the top.
It smells fresh but not overpowering so you can wear your own perfume without a problem.

I always had to buy the right coloured clothes that would cover up any wet patches under my arms. I coud never wear pale colours but I DID this summer - happy bunny. I'd love to try it down my back now as that's always a small stream when I get warm. OH will put it on for me - fingers crossed.
TigerLily
Local Group Leader

Postby gnatalie » Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:12 am

I've tried the sure one Tigerlily, unfortunately it didn't work for me :( I still had wet patches under my arms, not quite as bad as when using other deodrants though. I also didn't like how it made my skin feel in my armpits, can't really describe it, but I wasn't keen! I have seen that they do it in an aerosol spray as well, so I may try that and see how it feels (when I can remember where I saw it! lol). I would definately recommend trying the sure one though, it may work for some of you!

(also, if any of you have a Savers store near you, they have the sure deodrant cheaper than the supermarkets at about £3.99!)
gnatalie

Postby Isolate. » Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:22 am

I can sweat a lot. Especiially my feet.
I have to shower a few times a day otherwise people will notice. :(
Isolate.

Postby LittleLegs21 » Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:14 pm

Hi ladies,

Anyone else dreading the beginning of spring and eventually summer? I'm a bit too used to being not so bad in the winter...
LittleLegs21

Previous

Return to Other problems