Belly Trouble

Other long term effects of PCOS

Moderators: thebuzz, Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia

Belly Trouble

Postby Laura452 » Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:01 pm

Hi everyone,

Im new to the forum and wanted to ask a questions, apologies if its a bit samey to the other stomach questions but wanted some advice.

I have been experiencing severe stomach aches right in the centre of my abdomen. I find that I can wake up with it go to sleep with it and sometimes during the day it might last for hours on end. It is making me extremely miserable. I have been very stressed and upset with the symptoms of my PCSO lately which seems to make it worse, I try to de-stress but even when I think I'm relaxed it still appears. It feels like a huge ball in my stomach, very heavy and tender to press at its worst and sometimes leaves me feeling quite gassy and sick. These have been coming and going for months now.

I am wondering if anyone has experienced the same, I know only a doctor can diagnose, and I am going on Monday but would like to know if anyone has had the same and what did they do?

Thanks alot.
Laura452

Postby Hols969 » Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:24 pm

It either sounds like you are bloated or stressed I think, it doesnt sound like a typical pcos symptom tho.

Let us know what the dr says.
Hols969
Verity Admin

Postby jen234 » Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:13 pm

i find i get really bad stomach ache in the morning it has being happeing for a couple of weeks now and the same with you i feel sick and tend have wind :oops: but it only last for a couple of mins
jen234

Postby jazzy » Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:37 pm

hi Laura452, I have been with verity for a while now - since June 2010. I have had stomach probs that sound similar to yours (eg: bloating, pain, sickness and quasy-ness especially during or after meals. It plays up when I get stressed too. I am on 20 mg omeprazole prescribed by my doctor to help. I tried coming off it for a while, went on holiday - stomach was really painful though and for the first time I actually vomited on one occasion and it almost happened again that week! was not fun... I'm back on omeprazole now and going back to doctors to check it out properly, as it may be a stomach ulcer - I don't know! Wondered if you'd had any similar probs or any other advice for me at all?

Thanks. from an anxious Jazzy xx
Diagnosed with PCOS at 17.
Anti Depressants feb 09
OFF Anti Depressants june 09 :)
Personality: Kind and sensitive but can be fiesty
Cerazette June 2011
Micronor Aug 2011
AD's 13/03/12 after 2 years, nine months off them (citalopram again)
off citilopram 01 Aug 2012
jazzy

Location: Derby termtime at uni, South East, Kent during holidays

Postby seaside » Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:13 am

I have pelvic pain but they can't find the reason for it apart from PCOS. jazzy you should check for helico bacter. I had it about four years. My GP kept ignoring it and said I had viral infection every time but it wasnt true. Once you have depression everything is under depression. They shouldnt study for 6 years. Then I changed my GP and they checked for helico bacter after several months. Now it is cleared. Somedays I am using omeprazole too.
seaside

Postby Hols969 » Sat Sep 25, 2010 3:03 pm

Can you pinpoint it to any food. I find sometimes I get bloated and really uncomfortable and its either if I get too hungry or eaten something that bloats me - I rub my belly from right to left just under the rib cage and it does help with bloating. Also the other thing is how often are you having no 2's? I also get it if I havent been for a while or if its a bit upset as well!!
Unless stated, my views do not represent the official views, position or standing of Verity
Hols969
Verity Admin

stomach pains

Postby deaksie » Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:44 pm

Hi Girls
I know all about this one. I've been undiagnosed with PCOS for 10 years and recently in the last 6 months have had my diagnosis.
In the 10 years until I got diagnosed, I have had severe stomach problems, and various ongoing investigations with bupa, different doctors, complimentary therapists, NHS, private, shonky, you name it, I've tried it!
My symptoms were very very swollen tummy, diarrhea, feeling sick, feeling absolutely knackered for no reason.
I ended up on a very restricted diet: no bread, no pasta, no sugar inc fructose, no lactose. Nothing with yeast in it. Basically, meat and veg. even no alcohol at one point and then 7 years of just vodka and slimline tonic. No wine!. bread and sweet things made me the worst and I could guarantee I'd be ill within a few mins of eating even small amounts of that stuff.
I met a naet therapist and she helped me a lot, but it still wasn't right.
I should also mention that I couldn;t sleep through the night properly and more importantly I've been gaining an average of 2lbs per month all that time despite a very low calorie count and no "treats", and intensive gym 6 times a week. I've put on 94lbs since this started despite not eating hardly anything. on one occasion I didn;t eat at all for 5 days and I put on 4lbs!
Crunch came earlier this year when I dieted for 6 weeks (no alcohol, no nothing, 1000-1200 calories per day), trained every day and I put on 6lbs in 6 weeks!!!!!!!!
that's when my father marched me to the doctors (bit embarrassing when you're 36!) and that's the start of me getting my diagnosis.
Anyway, after the internal exam and some discussion I persuaded the doctor to put me on metformin.
Within 4 weeks I had begun sleeping properly. Within 2 weeks all those terrible stomach problems had disappeared - like they weren't even there in the first place. I can eat everything now with no problems, no bloating, nothing. Within 6 weeks I had stopped gaining weight. I haven't lost any yet but I'm hopeful.
I know its the met because if I forget to take it I go straight back to where I was: bloated, not sleeping, feel like I'm getting bigger by the minute etc
I had laboured under the delusion that it was my stomach/gut etc which was the problem, that it was food intolerances etc etc and I now am convinced this is all caused by the PCOS.
what's good is that I now have a more varied diet and am not gaining weight. It still leaves me just under 16st and looking like someone's attached me to high pressure air hose, but hey, I;ve got to start somewhere. I wish to god one of the many professionals I've been under the "care" of over the last 10 years had picked it up sooner.
My advice is try met. You might be pleasantly surprised.
Of course as you can tell, I'm still trying to find the right answer myself but I wish you very well with it all
xxx
deaksie

Return to Other problems