Thrush sufferers!

Other long term effects of PCOS

Moderators: Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia, thebuzz

Thrush sufferers!

Postby Loula » Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:03 pm

Hi all for anyone that suffers with thrush what have you found helps to prevent it with regards to bubble baths and showergels etc?

Do you use a seperate wash down there or do you use it all over?

Please help the doctor thinks its what products im using but ive always used them and never had a problem. xx
Loula

Postby shinycat » Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:07 pm

I started using FemFresh wash just to wash that area, and have not had an attack for around a year. I was getting it over and over again, andin the end got some drugs from the doctor to clear it as she said the Canesten pessary was not clearing it properly so it would keep coming back. The drugs worked, and the FemFresh seems to have stopped it coming back.
shinycat

Postby Verve » Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:36 pm

I was informed that a change of diet thrush i.e not eating stuff made with yeast as it triggers it off like alcohol, marmite bread
Verve

Postby loobyloo2050 » Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:31 pm

I get thrush as soon as the dr even thinks about giving me antibiotics for something. my body really doesnt like them!! i usually end up using 2 extra stength treatments over a period of 4 days, from the dr, the thing you put inside and lots of that cream. I'm quite lucky as I dont have to pay for my prescriptions as I have one of them pre payment things because of the vast amount of medication i take, but if you get them from the dr they are £14 something a time as they count it as 2 prescriptions per 1 prescripition the dr writes (if that makes sense) as it has 2 medications in it. you can get them from a pharmacy at £12. they are really really good and most people only need one, my body just doesnt like anitbiotics.

i use dove/nivea shower gel, always try to rinse most of it out of the sponge, just leaving a little bit on it for my own piece of mind and never ever have bubbles in the bath. also let it 'breathe' (sorry way tmi!!) over night no underwear or bottoms on and sometimes if i have thrush dont wear any underwear either to try stop the irritation.

sorry for the grose and discustin info....just thought i would share my tips

x x
5 m/c one still born
started fresh on met 850mg tds, spiro 100mg, clomid 150mg plus vast amounts of others
on 4th cycle clomid since starting again in jan 2010
1st 50mg...no luck
2nd 50mg concieved one baby 15wk m/c
3rd 100mg concieved triplets!! 13wk m/c
4th 150mg...hopefully baby(s) will stick this time!!
loobyloo2050

Return to Other problems