Uterine polyp removal without anesthetic - Versapoint

Other long term effects of PCOS

Moderators: Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia, thebuzz

Uterine polyp removal without anesthetic - Versapoint

Postby DeeA » Mon Nov 02, 2009 1:16 pm

Has anyone had a uterine polyp removed without a general aneasthetic?
I'm told that there is a new device called 'versapoint' that can do it without the need of an anesthetic. Anyone know about this or been through this?
I'm told there will be some 'discomfort' but that dosen't sound very reassuring.
DeeA

Postby Auntie Sar » Mon Nov 02, 2009 1:21 pm

I wouldn't try it myself! :shock:
I have had polyps removed twice with anaesthetic and have felt very little discomfort afterwards.

Good luck

Sar
Auntie Sar

Postby DeeA » Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:05 pm

Thanks Aunty Sar.
A few questions (for Aunty Sar or anyone else that has had Uterine polyps removed) if you don't mind. Did u have them removed recently? Was there any bleeding afterward? Were you sore at any point? Did u need to take time off to recover?
I've been advised against the anaesthetic because of my weight. So it seems I don't have much of a choice. All I can do is prepare myself mentally.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.
DeeA

Postby Auntie Sar » Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:50 pm

I've had polyps removed twice :roll:
I'm actually waiting for the follow up appointment after the second poypectomy, roll on Monday...
I mainly felt woozy after the general. There was some bleeding but not much and it stopped after a couple of days. The doc said it could bleed for up to a week. I was a little sore (didn't need any painkillers either time), but again the doc suggested time off to get over the anaesthetic (no driving or signing legal documents for 24 hours).
I do think maybe a couple of days off taking it easy would be a good idea just in case you feel a bit sore. I was surprised how little I hurt afterwards to be honest.
I'm sure you will be fine, it's just the thought of it that is scary. The reason I'd rather be unconcious whilst someone is having a rummage about in there is that I can't be embarrassed if I am asleep :wink:

Good luck with it
xx Sar
Auntie Sar

Postby DeeA » Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:52 am

Thanks again for your input Auntie Sar. Much appreciated.
DeeA

Return to Other problems