PCOS and Possible premenopause

Other long term effects of PCOS

Moderators: Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia, thebuzz

PCOS and Possible premenopause

Postby debware87 » Sun Nov 01, 2009 3:15 pm

I have been diagnosed with PCOS for the past 9 years and had all the emotional baggage with it too,

but a year ago I was told to stop my glucophage as I have had a change of diet and go to the gym 3 times or more a week,,

well I also have the mirena coil (wether that is good or bad I dont know) I am lucky to have 2 boys,, 1 14 years and 1 who is 3,, the PCOS I think runs on my pops side of the family or my nans,, both my mums parents,, however it was my aunt who had trouble conceiving and has diabetes ect, my mum has the hairy chin and had a ovarian cyst,,

my periods all of a sudden (were settled for 3 years with coil) have started messing there either 22 days appart or 39,, I have had loads of Blood tests done over the past 2 weeks, and the ones that have shown anything up are the hormoans,, there say they are consistant with PCOS,, and there is a ? over the menopause.,. but all else is OK,, even the fasting glucose one,,

I go from feeling sickly and pregnant feeling, bloated, sore boobs to hot flushes and hot sweats..

any ideas,, HELP
debware87

Postby debware37 » Mon Nov 02, 2009 6:48 pm

the above message was written by me but I now have a new username as I was registered twice and didn't realise,,

but can someone tell me what symptoms of pre menopause is?
debware37

Postby babycakes » Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:31 pm

Cant help with smptoms but would love to know myself.How old are you,im 42 but feel 90 somedays.Periods allways been irratic but been on provera,days 1 to 21,days 21 to 28 i should bleed,i had 5 week bleed after first month then nothing for last 23 weeks.Hospital says its normal as provera keping lining thin but im gettin fed up with it now.
Im married,42
Diagnosed PCOS 21,2nd hubby low count.
M/C at 12 weeks,1990 via Clomid.Now on provera.
Im fed up with PCOS SYMPTOMS!!
babycakes

Postby Annoldie » Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:08 pm

Hi ladies. Debware it may be that your doctor is talking about the changes in your blood tests suggesting that you are approaching the menopause. The symptoms that we get with pcos and have to live with are very much the same as those experienced by other women when they hit the menopause - weight gain, mood swings, hot flushes and sweats. Some research suggests that periods become more regular prior to the menopause but that wasn't my experience. Some people say that we have an earlier menopause, others that it is later - to be honest I don't know how they can tell. Our hormones are so different to other women and with the pcos symptoms its very difficult to know when it starts and finishes! My GP kept telling me that my horrendous sweats would only last for 6mths - 6yrs later they were just as bad and at 70 plus I still get the odd night sweat! We need much more research, there is so little on the menopause and vertually nothing after that. There is some light at the end of the tunnel, blood tests for hormones have become much more accurate in the last few years and treatments are getting better. I think we are all getting much better at demanding better care for pcos so hopefully things will be better for you. Sorry if this sounds a bit gloomy but hey I survived it and so will you! Ann
Annoldie

Postby debware37 » Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:15 pm

babycakes wrote:Cant help with smptoms but would love to know myself.How old are you,im 42 but feel 90 somedays.Periods allways been irratic but been on provera,days 1 to 21,days 21 to 28 i should bleed,i had 5 week bleed after first month then nothing for last 23 weeks.Hospital says its normal as provera keping lining thin but im gettin fed up with it now.

hi,, I am 39,, but 40 next year,, my nan had finished by the time she was 42,, and my mum had a hysto so not so sure whats going on,,
debware37

Return to Other problems