Severe cramping

Other long term effects of PCOS

Moderators: Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia, thebuzz

Severe cramping

Postby DeeA » Sun Oct 18, 2009 9:55 am

Hi Ladies,
Is menstrual cramping an actual symptom of PCOS?
I've had pretty severe cramps and heavy bleeds ever since my first period when I was 12. Recently they have gotten much worse, which involves emergency hospital visits and strong 'constipating' pain medication.
I was diagnosed with PCOS in '02 with my main symptoms being the weight gain and heavy crampy periods. With all the research I have done, I'm beginning to wonder if my PCOS manifested at puberty or even earlier. Has anyone else had this experience?
DeeA

Postby Amber » Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:37 am

I think it must be hormonal as when I take Provera to induce AF I hardly feel a thing, however if the AF is natural I get cramping though not as bad as it sound for you.
Diagnosed March 09
Lap & Dye Aug 09
6 x Clomid 50mg Ov BFN - 24-26 days
1 x clomid 100mg over stimulated
Cyclogest
IVF 1st round - 2 blasts BFN
Letting thing happen naturally
BFP @ 11 wks - Nov 12 mmc 12 wks
BFP @ 8 wks - 21/05/14 EDD 31/12/14
DD born 03/01/15
Amber

Postby Hols969 » Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:04 am

I dont think it necessarily is as my periods are quite light and no cramping normally. But saying that, there are so many variations on PCOS that it may be as we are all so different.
Hols969
Verity Admin

Postby DeeA » Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:32 am

Thanks for your input ladies. I welcome other opinions on the subject. I'm really keen on getting to the bottom of this 'cause everyone including doctors keep telling me 'well some ladies have cramps and some don't.' this is no doubt true but it's no help to me! Can't tell you how frustrating it is to deal with this on a monthly basis.
DeeA

Postby stephah » Tue Oct 27, 2009 11:25 pm

Hello There

I have very painfull periods but little bleeding, somtimes its bleeds heavy for 3 or 4 hours then goes very light. When the pain is worse it is usually when the flow is extremely light. I have started spotting very lightly a coulple of weeks after my period now and then I dont have another for a while (by a while I mean 6 weeks) Other people get them much less frequently.

I also have been getting very sharp stabbing pain in the areas of both my ovaries, this seems to be worse when I would expect to ovulate. This gets worse each month. Does anyone else have this?

Also everytime I have complained to my dr and he examines me there it hurts for days on and off. Hmm.

I am very interested in this too hope to hear from you all

Steph
stephah

Return to Other problems