Cushings Syndrome

Other long term effects of PCOS

Moderators: Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia, thebuzz

Cushings Syndrome

Postby sashamcdonnell » Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:09 am

Hello Ladies

I would like to ask for some advice or if anyone else has been checked for Cushings syndrome.

I have had pcos for over 20 yrs and recently been on the contraceptive pill and have low blood pressure.

However, since stopping the pill the sweats and night sweats have become unbearable plus having a thrush infection too for a few weeks.

When I take my temperature, I notice that it is not high but the sweat is dripping from my nose and it is becoming so embarassing.

Thanks all in advance for your replies

Sash
x
sashamcdonnell

Postby ameythyst_rune » Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:08 am

I've been checked for Cushings, because in my initial blood work I had a high cortisol level and there was a huge question over whether I had PCOS or not which I still don't know.
I had a referral to the endocrinologist who got me to do urine free cortisol testing (collecting pee for three days at a time) a dexamethazone test (taking a small dose of steroid to see if it suppresses hormone levels) and numerous other blood tests.

If you're concerned about cushings then maybe you should get a referral to an endocrinologist and explain your concerns.
t.t.c since 04/2007.
got married 12/8/2011
finally confirmed PCOS (2013 after ? since teens) and type 2 diabetes.
Just been confirmed funding for Gastric Bypass Operation - waiting referral appt.
ameythyst_rune

Postby FIREFIGHTER » Fri Oct 16, 2009 5:02 pm

Yep I had that to they were also leaning against Cushing sndrome as well I did the pee in the bottle n take the tablets as well n I had an blood test as well this was done by the endo dr.
FIREFIGHTER

Return to Other problems