Chronic Fatigue? What's happening to me?

Other long term effects of PCOS

Moderators: Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia, thebuzz

Chronic Fatigue? What's happening to me?

Postby Katie82 » Wed Jul 29, 2009 5:00 pm

Hi

I am in a hole! I was diagnosed 5 years ago and for the past year have almost had no symptoms at all (severe acne, irregular periods, migraines, vomitin, aching) yet suddenly I have completely crashed.

I feel exhausted all the time and no amount of sleep seems to help. I ache all over. I keep getting awful headaches, if I to anything active and I am depressed because I am overwhelmed and frustrated by whats happening!

I have been back and forth to the doctor over recent months and they have finally found out I am Hypoglycemic and might have CFS. I have to wait 6 weeks to see an Endo - but I feel like I am falling apart!

The only thing the doc has suggested is coming off Met, because it can lower your blood sugar, but I always feel worse when I don't take it.

I went back to work on Monday and am already back at home, crying on the sofa, feeling terrible and wondering if I will ever get my life back.

Its probably my own fault for the past year I have really lived life to the full - working hard, going out all the time, excersing all the time - but I felt good!

Does anyone have any suggestions - I am going out of my mind!
Katie82

Postby Meringoo » Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:52 pm

Hello,

I am sorry you are feeling like this, but I just wanted to add that I have felt exactly the same when my PCOS flared up. Had so many blood tests but wasn't diagnosed with CFS, and was told by my GP and gynae it was the knock on effect of my PCOS problems.

My advice is to first get your meds sorted, maybe change a few things in your lifestyle if you feel you can't cope with doing loads at the moment - it's ok to take it slow!

It does sound very likely that you have CFS, I had a friend with it who was the same.

Have you tried alternative therapies such as reflexology or aromatherapy? They can be very helpful. xx
Meringoo

Postby samone » Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:46 am

Hi Katie82
I am sorry that you are feeling so low just now.
I also feel very tired all of the time.
My dr thinks I may have sleep apnia, and is sending me to see someone about it.
how are you getting on?
samone
samone

Postby Amber » Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:55 pm

I had this about 6 weeks ago and the GPs I saw couldn't find a problem. However since starting Clomid my energy levels have rocketed. Clomid increases your estradiol levels in the blood which affects the whole of the endocrine system including metabolism. I have been reading a book called "It's your ovaries stupid!" by Elizabeth Lee Vliet who recognises that low estradiols causes many problems in women including fatigue and depression. She treats her patients with bio identical estradiol patches. It is a shame that it is over looked by most GPs. However if this happens again in the future I will be pushing my GP to test my levels and if necessary get a patch, if not I will find someone else who is willing to.
Diagnosed March 09
Lap & Dye Aug 09
6 x Clomid 50mg Ov BFN - 24-26 days
1 x clomid 100mg over stimulated
Cyclogest
IVF 1st round - 2 blasts BFN
Letting thing happen naturally
BFP @ 11 wks - Nov 12 mmc 12 wks
BFP @ 8 wks - 21/05/14 EDD 31/12/14
DD born 03/01/15
Amber

Return to Other problems