pcos symptoms

Other long term effects of PCOS

Moderators: thebuzz, Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia

pcos symptoms

Postby SHAN » Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:06 pm

Hi, am new to Verity. Was diagnosed with pcos approx 9 yrs ago. managed to conceive after 5 cycles of clomid. latest problem is horrendous night sweats. also have muscular pain, bloating and needing to go to the loo lots. does anyone know if any of these are linked to pcos?
SHAN

Postby redrubyfairy » Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:10 pm

Hi there, I'm not an expert, but those symptons sound like they may be related to IBS which can be linked to pcos. Check with your doctor, best of luck! X
''If I'd observed all the rules, I'd never have got anywhere''-Marilyn Monroe
redrubyfairy

Postby ScaredSAlly » Fri Aug 28, 2009 1:14 pm

I get night sweats quiet a lot I reckon it is the hormones they are all haywire
ScaredSAlly

Re: pcos symptoms

Postby Bella1234 » Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:21 am

Hi i'm 19. I suffer from excess body hair and irregular periods. I have not been diagnosed with PCOS but feel like i got the symptoms. I'm to embarrassed to tell my mom. I hate that I'm so hairy. It's so hard sometimes.
Bella1234

Postby Hols969 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 5:08 pm

You shouldn't be embarrassed to tell your mum, she may also have the issue but has hidden it. PCOS is hereditary down both the male and female line (the PCOS name is a little misleading as it isn't really ovary related particularly, cysts on the ovaries are just another symptom).

Few things I have tried over the years are waxing which is ok, an epilator, which is also ok but a bit painful to begin with and they specifically do one now for facial hair (Braun wet and dry do one but keep the receipt as Ive had a couple that charge has been really bad so I wont buy another), the Phillips version in my opinion is better but is actually more painful. Ive tried cream and they are not good, Ive also tried nono and that wasn't very good either...

Obviously laser really is the way to go, Ive had about 22 sessions on my face now (including maintenance) and it has made such a difference to my confidence, I wish I had had it done in my 20s not 30s. Facial hair is not good BUT you will notice it far far more than anyone else so don't withdraw from life because of it as most wont notice it like you do (we also feel it as well which makes us think it is more noticeable but it really isn't as bad as you think it is).

Good luck.
Unless stated, my views do not represent the official views, position or standing of Verity
Hols969
Verity Admin

Postby courtneyjade1 » Sun Mar 09, 2014 6:41 pm

Bella, hope you're feeling a bit better. I suffer mainly with hair loss :(
courtneyjade1

Return to Other problems