Sweating - Help, what deoderant

Other long term effects of PCOS

Moderators: Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia, thebuzz

Postby FIREFIGHTER » Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:59 pm

I had stopped the xenical because I was getting problems from it being sick on it. The mets I have just started again.I was not on the pill at all no boyfriend but also I do get migraines as well.
FIREFIGHTER

Postby Hols969 » Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:14 pm

Oh thats a shame as Im sure that would have helped.
Hols969
Verity Admin

Postby FIREFIGHTER » Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:33 pm

Yep plus my endo gave me 3 months to lose weight this was august I have not lost anything n I am in sept n nothing. This was with the xenical to lose it but I keep getting sick on these tablet :(
FIREFIGHTER

Postby sarahlucia » Fri Sep 04, 2009 2:06 pm

I think for some people excess sweating is connected with excess weight. However, my increased sweating only started a few years after I had put the weight on and hasn't stopped since!!
sarahlucia

Postby Hols969 » Fri Sep 04, 2009 2:12 pm

I think with PCOS as soon as you put on any weight all the lovely symptoms attack in full as Im sure I never sweated like I do now when I was a 'normal' weight.
Hols969
Verity Admin

Postby sarahlucia » Fri Sep 04, 2009 2:17 pm

Mine could have been a delayed reaction to putting on the weight, I suppose. I certainly never sweated like that at "normal" weight, nor for the first few years of my heavier weight. I'm trying a new PCOS friendly diet at the moment so I'm hoping to lose some weight.... would be great if I stopped sweating too! Self esteem certainly plummets with PCOS! I don't feel like a "real woman" any more - more of an overweight, sweaty wreck! :(
sarahlucia

Postby FIREFIGHTER » Fri Sep 04, 2009 2:20 pm

Well I only started putting weight on in my mid 20s n I was sweating from wen I was normal weight 2 now.
I think it's with u from day one u just need a trigger to start it off.
FIREFIGHTER

Postby sarahlucia » Fri Sep 04, 2009 2:25 pm

You could be right, the trigger doesn't have to be weight. Your story would certainly suggest that, as would mine.
sarahlucia

Postby FIREFIGHTER » Fri Sep 04, 2009 2:39 pm

That's what I said to my doctor I was sweating b4 I ever knew I had pcos. I was really badly sweat through out my secondary school n everybody would say I smelt of fish n I kept on sweating through out n then wen I hit my 20s I was still a normal weight but I was still sweating then I hit my mid 20s then it started "I put on weight" now I am 29 n I am sweating still but I am fat. like I said it had to be something from wen I was 11yrs old.
FIREFIGHTER

Postby sarahlucia » Fri Sep 04, 2009 2:44 pm

Really do sympathise. Mine started at around 31 years old - I'm now 41 years old and it's worse than ever!! I feel it also looks worse when larger people are sweating - people just assume it's because you're fat, unfit and stuffing your face with junk all day.... or am I just paranoid? ;-)
sarahlucia

Postby FIREFIGHTER » Fri Sep 04, 2009 2:54 pm

That is so true, that's what I feel people are saying n thinking about me or anyone eles who is like us.
FIREFIGHTER

Postby sarahlucia » Fri Sep 04, 2009 2:57 pm

I suppose as long as we know the truth......you have to develop a very thick skin to protect yourself from being embarrassed by the symptoms of this condition, don't you?!
sarahlucia

Postby FIREFIGHTER » Fri Sep 04, 2009 5:24 pm

Yep u do. I have to much fat that's my thick fat skin.
Mum keeps buying muffins,biscuits n fizzy drinks n so I have said y have u bought these she says she was hungry me n my dad have a weight problems my mum is fat she does it out of spite. I just had a go at her for it n I am keep doing it until she understands.
FIREFIGHTER

Postby sarahlucia » Fri Sep 04, 2009 7:50 pm

Quite right! You keep on until she gets the message! Otherwise you'll end up like me, 41 and still with the problem..... Can't be good for her or your dad either. Stick to your guns!! ;-)
sarahlucia

Previous

Return to Other problems