Sweating - Help, what deoderant

Other long term effects of PCOS

Moderators: Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia, thebuzz

Sweating - Help, what deoderant

Postby Wispa » Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:16 am

I have been find more and more that i have been sweating under the arms and it has got to the point i don't like wearing anything more than a white top or a black top.

So i was wondering if anyone else has this problem and if you do, what do you use to help control things.

I tried perspirex, not to bad the first night (says use it every night for the first few days), little irittation, after following instructions, e.g., not shaved, dry before applying and let the roll on then dry, wash off in the morning ect. Second night, it was so irritating i had to go and wash and wash under my arms in the middle of the night as it really hurt.

Any other products that i could try ppppllleeeeaaasssseeee, i would just like to wear some nice cloths without worrying about the big wet patches under my arms.
Wispa

Postby Hols969 » Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:30 pm

Ive tried the new Sure Maximum Protection one which you put on at night and this has helped a lot. I did use a product called Trust which is a little pot that you rub into your armpits at night and wash off in the morning, but sounds terrible, altho it was good I couldnt be faffed with washing my armpits in the morning. Sure is pretty good though so worth a try.

Nothing worse than sweaty arpmits !!
Hols969
Verity Admin

Postby Ruby » Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:08 pm

Another vote for Sure Max. protection - I don't go anywhere without it!
Ruby

Postby shinycat » Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:48 pm

Yes I also use Sure Maximum, use it every night, and then use another strong deodorant during the day e.g. mitchum water-based stick is very good. It has taken me years of putting up with bad sweating before I discovered this and I find it is really effective.
shinycat

Postby FIREFIGHTER » Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:23 pm

I think these sparys are bad because they don't work on me because I sweat badly I have used sanex,sure,trust etc. Nothing has changed I am sweating n the sweaty smell is still there. whatever I wear or use I sweat n smell. Even wen I wear perfume to mask the sweat smell it's still there. It's an odour problem which upsets me.
FIREFIGHTER

Postby Wispa » Thu Jul 23, 2009 3:34 pm

Thank you ladies, i am now equiped with Sure Maximum Protection and mitchum. Will give them both ago.
Wispa

Postby tortoisegirl » Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:19 pm

try a tiny roll on called driclor.....very potent stuff.
tortoisegirl

Postby FIREFIGHTER » Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:07 am

Nothing helps I just sweat I have used everything n I smell of the stupid sweat which embarrasses me because I smell this way. I have had remarks from a school kid saying god it smells whilst looking at me n covering her mouth with her jumper n so I let her have I was tired of being judged n made to feel small.
FIREFIGHTER

Absolutely brilliant Anti Perspirant

Postby h1annah » Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:27 am

Hi everyone. I only joined today was diagnosed last week. I can't believe that this symptom is a PCOS one. I've had trouble for years!

Well, when I went travelling I found the most brilliant stuff.

Its from America though, and I haven't found it here.

ITs called 'Certain Dri'. You only need to use it once every four days a couple of times and after that you can use your own regular deodorant. I don't know what it does but its the business. Your supposed to apply it at night. And don't put it on when you've shaved.

You've seriously got to try it. I was so happy.

Hope this helps everyone.

Hannah
h1annah

Sweating

Postby sarahlucia » Mon Aug 31, 2009 2:50 pm

I don't just sweat under my arms, but sweat pours down my face, back, etc particularly if I've walked up hills, stairs, etc (but not only then). REALLY EMBARASSING!! Leaves me looking like I've just stepped out of the shower with wet hair, etc!! Anyone else have this kind of sweating? NO deoderant seems to work on me either.... so end up wearing black the whole time or a loose overshirt to cover the damp patches! Not great for self-esteem.....!
sarahlucia

Postby FIREFIGHTER » Mon Aug 31, 2009 4:33 pm

Yep that happens to me alot and I will b buying lots of shirts because everything I wear is ruined from the sweat patches.
FIREFIGHTER

Postby sarahlucia » Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:19 pm

I totally sympathise!! I've had to replace lots of tops, too. Not great for self esteem, is it?! As if all the other symptoms weren't bad enough!! On top of that, doctors don't seem to take it very seriously at all!! Really frustrating :x
sarahlucia

Postby Hols969 » Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:53 am

I think the heavier you are the more you sweat everywhere, I know Ive put weight back on because Im starting to sweat everywhere again so I need to get back to eating better and doing some more exercise. There is only so much deodrant you can put on !!
Hols969
Verity Admin

Postby FIREFIGHTER » Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:15 am

Holly wen I was skinny I was sweating like this as well so I know it's not my weight that's doing it. From wen I was in secondary to through out I have sweated badly.
FIREFIGHTER

Postby Hols969 » Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:41 pm

Have you see the GP FF? Mine def is worse the fatter I get. Are you on the contraceptive pill or anything to try and control the hormones?
Hols969
Verity Admin

Next

Return to Other problems