High Libido...!

Other long term effects of PCOS

Moderators: Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia, thebuzz

High Libido...!

Postby Wilma » Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:11 am

OK, Ladies, this one's not pretty and I'm sure it will've come up before...

Though I know many with PCOS have a low libido, I have a ridiculously high one. I don't necessarily view this as a problem as such except, well, it can get quite, shall we say, distracting...

It does vary. I'm a PCOSer who bleeds a lot rather than not at all. Average cycle length, in so far as I have a cycle, is about three weeks at most. Either I have a gushing, painful horrible period which is physically awful and leads to total exhaustion but emotionally fine, or I get a pathetic drippy brown one which lasts for weeks and coincides with the worst PMS-esque moods ever. High libido tends to coincide with the latter sort. In the former sort, I'm so exhausted it's not an issue.

When I'm in a relationship, it's a bonus. Presently I'm single. It's a little annoying...

Anyone else or am I a freak? Or is having a high libido entirely normal and not at all related to PCOS, but I've been conditioned by society into thinking I should be thinking about sex less than I am?! :wink:

Wilma
Wilma

Postby Meringoo » Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:34 am

Hi,

Totally normal, particularly if you're not taking the pill to control your PCOS. It is due to the higher testosterone levels that PCOS creates, so in a way, we want it as much as men! I also find that when I'm not on the pill I am...well....insatiable! It IS distracting, and there were times I seriously couldn't do much else! Luckily (i think?) that isn't the case now as I am on hormones....

Don't know what to suggest really, apart from get a man or a toy :D xx
Meringoo

Postby babycakes » Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:50 pm

I drive my hubby mad with my sexual wants,i could go every night and e is a once a week guy,e usually knows when im due on as i want it even more then,must be the thought of no sex for a week.When i am on then its even worse.I will admit i have had it couple of times while been on very long period,wont recomend it though,not very nice but i will admit i had the best orgasms ever :oops: :oops: My dad is highly sexed accordong to my mum :oops: so just thought i took after him. Even though i get very sexual and i have a basic toy(gift from an ex) i dont feel right to diy.Dosent seem to feel the same without the feel of hubbys weight,emotions etc as with hubby.Hence i get very angry at hubby.If your a freak then so am i so join the PCOS FREAK SHOW :D :D
Im married,42
Diagnosed PCOS 21,2nd hubby low count.
M/C at 12 weeks,1990 via Clomid.Now on provera.
Im fed up with PCOS SYMPTOMS!!
babycakes

Postby mandie82 » Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:37 am

Im the same.. i drive my other half mad as well babycakes... he is a once a week man.. and im a every day several times a day please!!!!

I wasn't in to diy myself.. a friend got me a toy for xmas a couple of years ago (as a bet) and now over the last 6 months its had so much use... yes it is not the same as my OH.. by all means.. but it hits enough of the spots to keep me happy for a couple of days.. u should try it girls :D
mandie82

Postby babycakes » Sat Jul 04, 2009 12:41 pm

Hi ladies,quick update,i just hope this warm weather continues.Hubby is on aft this week,not home til half 12.Anyhow hubby has found that with this heat e cant sleep,ive been woken twice now in last week around 3am with his arms around me or being poked in the back,so well i just had to help him out didnt i :D All i can say is BRING ON THE HEATWAVE :lol:
Im married,42
babycakes

Postby Gemjo » Sat Jul 04, 2009 3:33 pm

im the same. i want it everyday, all day and yes it is annoying as im single too !
life is full of endless, relentless, grinding dissapointments!!!
Gemjo

Postby mandie82 » Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:46 pm

babycakes wrote:Hi ladies,quick update,i just hope this warm weather continues.Hubby is on aft this week,not home til half 12.Anyhow hubby has found that with this heat e cant sleep,ive been woken twice now in last week around 3am with his arms around me or being poked in the back,so well i just had to help him out didnt i :D All i can say is BRING ON THE HEATWAVE :lol:

Fantastic hun... made me giggle away while working :D its still quite warm as well!!!
mandie82

Postby FIREFIGHTER » Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:00 pm

babycakes :lol: :lol: :lol:
FIREFIGHTER

Postby babycakes » Thu Jul 16, 2009 6:39 pm

Hi ladies,well last week i spent hours on mobile texting my hubby about my wants and his none wants,it went over about 6 pages of texts and i got no reply at all,knew i wouldnt as like i say e is shy,after a few days and still no sex since the last heatwave i mentioned it to him.I had a text back that basically said that a baby is all i seem to think bout and e is not with me just to get me pregnant,sent him one back and said i felt like i was teating him like sperm donor and i wanted him,not his sperm.Said i had been with him 5 years with no kids and if it was that important i could of had fellas galore for their sperm,well ok not that many but u get my drift.Anyway nothing more was said but i took him a cuppa on tues,my day off and came back down hour and half later with very big smile.Its not perfect yet but getting there slowly.Im putting on less pressure and e talking a bit more.Still not that BFP and prob never will get it but feel a lot more settled last few days.Also brought a few batteries just in case :oops: :oops:
Im married,42
babycakes

Postby FIREFIGHTER » Thu Jul 16, 2009 7:04 pm

at least u got your bit :lol: :lol:

i'm single n if there's no chance for u getting pregnant what about me finding someone eh :(

thats y we should think of happy thoughts babycakes at least ur getting some.

i'm not even 30 yet n no babies no man no place ARRGH well i think its best isn't.
FIREFIGHTER

Postby babycakes » Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:01 pm

Firefighter,there is hope,i married at 21,turned out to be total tosser,but there u go,left him at 29,was single and at parents till i was 35 when i went on the net one night and met the love of my life,Ive been with him for 6 half years now,marrid last week for 5.We started out in one bed flat,with a footstool,second hand bed settee and a microwave,badly in debt,and im talking 15 grand,we moved about 18 month ago to 2 bed house which we are buying,and the debt will be gone in next few months.Im still not pregnant after 20 years over in all of trying but i keep hoping. Things will improve,your age is not a problem,allthough i admit i thought mine was when i left my ex,i will never love again,find the right man etc but THERE IS SOMEONE OUT THERE FOR US ALL.Keep on hoping,might take 5 weeks or five years but the right man will come along just when u least expect it.
Im married,42
babycakes

Return to Other problems