Sweating

Other long term effects of PCOS

Moderators: Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia, thebuzz

Sweating

Postby Tinkabelle » Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:04 am

I've been on all kinds of medication and have recently decided to go it alone with nothing as nothing seemed to stop the hariness which is my main issue. Anyway, since coming off I've noticed that I'm sweating really badly, from my head is the worst problem to the point where it's dripping down my face and wetting my hair!! It's really getting me down, any ideas??
Tinkabelle

Postby clp » Thu Apr 02, 2009 12:09 pm

i can suggest something for under arm sweating try driclor i use it its amazing you stop sweating compleatly it realy works its avalible from boots
clp

Postby Tinkabelle » Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:31 pm

Cheers, is it just in the deoderant section?? Armpits nowhere near as bad as the head tho. Thinking of maybe going back on the tablets just to get rid of it!!
Tinkabelle

Postby clp » Fri Apr 03, 2009 6:29 am

yes it is in the deoderent section its in a small box it costs around £8 but its worth it it lasts for ever and realy works i had a huge sweat problem will spear you the details!!! but now have no problem at all just wish all the other pcos symptoms were as easily solved!!!
clp

Postby Tinkabelle » Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:48 am

I may give it a go then - yeah, know what you mean abut all the other symptoms!! I've been on various tablets for 20 years, got to a point where I didn't know what was a symptom of PCOS or a side effect of the tablets. So decided to come off the lot!! Not too bad so far apart from putting weight on and the sweating
Tinkabelle

sweating

Postby annlou » Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:19 am

I have used Driclor and it rly does stop you from sweating, you can get it on prescription and if it is effective for you, ask your doctor to put 2 or 3 bottles on your prescription at a time which will save you money. however, after using the product for abvout 3 weeks, i must have put too much on one night and was up all night in agony, felt and looked like i had sunburn in my armpits, even phoned primary care helpline because i was so worried, so use it sparingly and it will work!!

another product that i was using whilst taking roaccutane was called triple dry - it was a deodrant stick bought from boots about £7 or £8 but really did work. its similar to the new sure maximum thats out now, but fragrance free and keeps you dryer for longer! :wink:
annlou

Postby FIREFIGHTER » Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:43 pm

It didt help me so I had used all of sprays n I am not gonna invest into it because I have used the dricola n the sure maxium n there was another one boots was doing which didt help me at all yes I got the dricola from docs the anyway that is gonna go if they find a cure.
I was sweating wen I was skinny so now I am fat Iam still sweating. There's alot of things that started wen I was diagnosed with pcos.
FIREFIGHTER

Postby ladyblues » Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:58 pm

my DH has been refered for 'botox injections' on the NHS for sweating...
He has tried most of the treatments on the NHS including sprays, creams, roll on's and talcs.

I am guessing he will have quite a wait but the results are said to be good.

Rather him than me though as I hate needles
ladyblues

Postby FIREFIGHTER » Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:42 pm

lucky him, sweating is horrid
:)
FIREFIGHTER

Postby ladyblues » Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:05 pm

yes to be honest he wasnt expecting the doctor to offer anything else so he was surprised when the doctor said that the botox injections have just become available recently on the NHS in our area

I am not sure what the procedure is, I am guessing he will need to have a consultation first before he actually gets the treatment

It might be worth asking your doctor about it?
ladyblues

Postby Kitty1973 » Mon Sep 21, 2009 7:24 pm

Top tip on the Driclor front. Rub some bicarbonate of soda under your arms before you apply it. I read this in a magazine, and while it sounds bonkers it totally stops the stinging!
Kitty1973

Return to Other problems