Constantly tired

Other long term effects of PCOS

Moderators: Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia, thebuzz

Constantly tired

Postby gemsviolin » Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:07 pm

I have always been a person that loves there sleep but recently have been going to bed at the same time as my 2yr old and still not feeling good in the morning.

My 2yr old is not the problem as he generally sleeps from 8pm to 4am and sometimes longer.

I had shingles 2 weeks ago but had no problems with it. But now am feeling so tired all the time that I even left work at lunch time yesterday and went to bed for 2hrs before picking up my son. Again today am feeling really out of it and can not concentrate on work. They have said I can go for a 30min nap in the 1st aid room but am not sure I would wake up from it.

Any ideas what could be going on?
Conceived after 7 months on clomid and met. JOshua born on 3/3/07, 9wks early weighing 3lbs. Now trying for No.2

6mths 100 clomid
Lap and dye with OD
Thinking IVF now
MC 6mths after lap and dye
MC July2010, MC Oct 2010
Not sure right now
gemsviolin

Postby Twinkle* » Sat Apr 18, 2009 8:54 am

could you be pregnant?? when i was pregnant with my 2 i was out cold by 7pm and that was me until atleast 8 the next morning. - not very good when you start work at 8 and the bus leaves at half 7 :S
...things could be worse...
Twinkle*

tired

Postby baglady5 » Sun Apr 19, 2009 10:05 pm

hi sometimes i feel so tired that no matter what im doing i have to stop and sleep. After that im fine, the only thig i can put it down to is maybe your blood sugars are dipping low.
baglady5

CFS?

Postby Katie82 » Sun Jul 26, 2009 2:55 pm

Hi

I too am tired all the time - so completely sympathise. I would get your blood sugars checked, not just your fasting but a glucose tolerance test too as this is the only sure fire way of knowing if there is anything usual going on. I just found out I was Hypoglycemic in this way.

Also, if you had an illness you could have post-viral fatigue or chronic fatigue syndrome (although this is usually indicated by months of feeling tired rather than a few weeks).

Maybe check your Iron too - and take a really High Strenght Vit B complex (the best quality you can afford), as this defo helps.

In the meantime, get the rest your body needs and I hope you feel better soon!
Katie82

Re: tired

Postby mogsta22 » Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:19 pm

baglady5 wrote:hi sometimes i feel so tired that no matter what im doing i have to stop and sleep. After that im fine, the only thig i can put it down to is maybe your blood sugars are dipping low.

I had a similar problem. I used to fall asleep at around 4 every day. There was nothing I could do to stay awake. It was not low blood sugar. The opposite in fact. By cutting out carbohydrate foods at lunchtime I was soon feeling better. High blood sugar can make you very tired and sleepy. Get your blood sugar level tested.
mogsta22

Postby hfw » Mon Jul 27, 2009 3:37 pm

I am constantly exhausted. Dr found I have really low iron so worth having that checked out. Also if I eat carbs at lunch I'm really sleepy, a jacket potato sends me to sleep within half an hour! :shock:

Also look at your B12 and Folic Acid. I take supplements for mine and iron tabs.

Hope you can get tot he bottom of it as it is so horrid being so tired all the time!
hfw

Postby Gnomes » Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:54 am

I struggle with feeling tired, too.

I quite often need to have a snooze when I get home from work for an hour, and then in bed by ten, asleep by half past. I joke with OH that if left to my own devices, I could probably sleep all day!

I don't necessarily feel any better for having a lie in though, although the power naps do tend to help.

Assume it's just another of the joys of PCOS!?

x
Life may not be the party you expect, but now you're here, you may as well dance!

My Ovulation Chart
Gnomes

Postby Amber » Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:57 pm

Diagnosed March 09
Lap & Dye Aug 09
6 x Clomid 50mg Ov BFN - 24-26 days
1 x clomid 100mg over stimulated
Cyclogest
IVF 1st round - 2 blasts BFN
Letting thing happen naturally
BFP @ 11 wks - Nov 12 mmc 12 wks
BFP @ 8 wks - 21/05/14 EDD 31/12/14