Anyone else exhausted by the end of the day?

Other long term effects of PCOS

Moderators: Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia, thebuzz

Anyone else exhausted by the end of the day?

Postby Honeywall » Thu Oct 09, 2008 3:14 pm

Hi ladies

Newbie here! I am sure that this has been covered before...but does anyone else feel as tired as I do?????????????

I have always been a sleepy person - find it really difficult to feel energized, even after a decent night's sleep. I work full time, and at the minute when I get in from work I am absolutely exhausted. I can't even seem to watch telly past 8-30pm without falling asleep.

Does anyone else feel like this? I understand that fatigue doesn't feature in the list of PCOS symptoms? If anyone does feel like I do, do you find it helps when you eat a good diet and have some gentle exercise? I'd like to exercise (I have a Wii Fit which I adore!) however at the min I am just sooo tired the thought of exercising is just a nightmare!

Thanks in advance for your replies

Cerries xxx
Honeywall

Postby Kel » Thu Oct 09, 2008 11:54 pm

Hell yeah! Hee hee. I think this goes for us all - our bodies don't deal wth insullin properly. Does not mean we're diabetic! I have been known to fall right asleep after eating, and some may say yeah yeah doesn't everybody, but it's like a funny, there's no stopping me here, snooze! And ovulating time, gee-whizz. Monthly cycle is a fairly new thing to me (over past year) and my system hates it. It don't want me out my bed! If you feel it's in excess though mention to your gp next time your there, they can arrange to do glucose tests.
Kel

Postby Iliana » Fri Oct 10, 2008 12:14 am

Hi Honeywall
Yes!!! Your not the only one. Feel REALLY tired by the end of the day and just want to jump into bed lol. Especially when im on my period, just feel DRAINED and don't want to do anything...
Exercise helps, gives you that energy boost, do you think maybe getting a bit of exercise in the morning might help? Have a banana!! High in energy and its released slowly.
As Kel said, insulin resistance! I think I should get my blood sugar level tested aswell....
Iliana

Postby FIREFIGHTER » Fri Oct 10, 2008 12:58 pm

my doc says banana is bad for us but i don't understand it since me not eating bananas i havet felt any differenece :roll:
FIREFIGHTER

Postby Kel » Fri Oct 10, 2008 3:47 pm

I really do try the gym thing when I'm like this, but on occassion I've felt like I'd fall off the back of the treadmill. I still do do it though as I do understand the logic behind it. I've also been chatting to the fella before and literally dropped to sleep right there and then, in the middle of the day! The joys...
Kel

Postby Gnomes » Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:33 pm

I'm the same - my bed and me are best friends!

I've been reading about the GI diet over the last few days, and the reason bananas are bad are because of the GI level... So, a low GI "thing" is processed slower, and doesn't cause your insulin levels to shoot up dramatically straight after eating (which, with insulin resistance being a pretty major factor with PCOS should be avoided!)

Hi - GI foods do the opposite, and cause insulin levels to shoot up straight after eating.

A ripe banana is a hi gi food, because it causes the insulin to peak, and is processed pretty quickly (therefore isn't particularly filling!)

I probably haven't got the technicalities right with that, because I'm still trying to get my head round it all... But it definitely seems as though GI's the way to go!

Gnomes
Gnomes

Postby Sophie:-) » Thu Oct 16, 2008 12:05 pm

I totally agree with what the other girls have said. I get the same, especially if I skip meals and/or dont get chance to eat anything between lunch and dinner.

Don't be afraid to snack at somepoint in the afternoon - eating something healthy and low GI mid afternoon will stop your blood sugars dropping and energy levels slumping towards the end of the day.
Sophie:-)

Postby ShadyLady » Thu Oct 16, 2008 5:57 pm

sometimes i feel exhausted any time of day,even if ive had a full nights sleep i can still feel very tired the next day occasionally if im really tired i cant even lift my head off the pillow,does any one else feel like that?

im not allways like this one week i can be absolutely fine and go out every day, then im knackered the next week n dont do much n the fatigue hits me like a ton of bricks, its horrible if only there was something that could be done.
caz xxxx

yippee ki yay
ShadyLady

Postby Lexa » Fri Oct 17, 2008 8:42 am

hhaa yeah I feel exhausted, pretty much all of the time and by about 8-9 im nodding off.
Diagnosed : 25/04/08
Diabetes - type 2
Metformin 1500mg
Aged 25
Lexa

Postby joob » Tue Oct 21, 2008 4:42 pm

yes, i have been so tired for the whole time i was on my period.

Only diagnosed with PCOS a month or 2 ago...and have really started noticing the difference. :(
joob

Postby navjot86 » Tue May 12, 2009 9:02 pm

I feel constantly tired all the time, and like u all have mentioned I find i tend to nod off between 8-9pm, it's quite bad because most of my free time in the evening gets affected by this overwhelming tiredness. Today, I did some exercise - hula hooping- and found that I had more energy than usual, and I'm still up at 11pm, so i think that I'm going to try to exercise regularly, to see if it helps with the sleepiness in the evening. Do any of you find that exercise helps keep the sleepiness away??
I hope you all have managed to find ways to cope with the tiredness. xx
Recently diagnosed with PCOS in Feb '09
High Prolactin Levels in April '09
Lost another 4 kilos in June '09, after losing 3 kilos in April '09.
navjot86

Constantly tired?

Postby carol atkins » Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:28 pm

yeah I've always been tired- fall asleep on the bus, train, anywhere really where I'm sat down for long enough! Went to see my GP about it who took loads of bloods which were all normal and is now sending me to the gynae peeps in case I've got womb cancer! We'll see but I think its unlikely as Im under 40 and its very rare in under 40s, but i don't think she knows much about PCOS. i tried to get a straight referral to the PCOS clinic but failed so am hoping i can get one from the gynae team once they've got my results back and cleared me of any risk of cancer...hohum
carol atkins

Postby Amber » Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:59 pm

Diagnosed March 09
Lap & Dye Aug 09
6 x Clomid 50mg Ov BFN - 24-26 days
1 x clomid 100mg over stimulated
Cyclogest
IVF 1st round - 2 blasts BFN
Letting thing happen naturally
BFP @ 11 wks - Nov 12 mmc 12 wks
BFP @ 8 wks - 21/05/14 EDD 31/12/14
DD born 03/01/15