Bleeding after sex!

Other long term effects of PCOS

Moderators: thebuzz, Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia

Bleeding after sex!

Postby mercedes » Fri May 16, 2008 9:03 pm

Hiya all!
This is rather embarressing and Im sure its nothing to worry about but I had sex with my husband and found that afterwards I was bleeding. I havent been feeling right since my last period which was 6 days ago, I hadnt had one for 2 months prior to this. Could it be that Im having another period, I do feel very hormonal, like Im going to kill someone! Or could it be something else?
Im not quite sure what to do because this is completely out of the ordinary.
Thanks for reading this post any advice would be greatfully received as we are both a little shocked by this!
Thanks all
xxxx
mercedes

Postby mercedes » Fri May 16, 2008 9:06 pm

Sorry I just realised I stuck this in the wrong place! Whoops! :oops:
mercedes

Postby celandine » Sat May 17, 2008 6:35 pm

Dont worry about it being in the wrong place! :lol:
It probably is your period because of the pmt you are feeling.
But you must get it checked at the doctors.
Do you have any other symptoms?
The gp will probably give you a pap smear test if you are due one and maybe decide to do a biopsy. It would be very rare for there to be a problem but it is always wise to get it checked out.
I had a hysteroscopy and biopsy taken recently at my local hospital and the procedure was fine. Tiny bit of tummy ache and bleeding after. :roll:
I am sure it is just your pcos but get it checked :wink:
celandine

Postby iamwhatiam » Fri May 30, 2008 3:22 pm

Hi, i was having bleeding after intercourse, I had an examination at the doctors so this is probably your best bet if it happens again. Mine was down to the lining of my womb growing to far, so that it had covered my cervix, the intercourse was causing damage to the tissue which then resulted in the bleeding. I had treatment at hospital, they repeatedly injected my cervix to numb it then used a lazer to burn the tissue off, all on a camera up there, with a male gyno, 2 nurses and 4 student nurses. How embarrasing. I was told before hand that the treatment does not always work, and it didn't to begin with but now, touch wood, no problems with this. Always get examined, if i can go through that then i am a good example to others. I do hope it is just your cycle having a mishap. :)
iamwhatiam

Postby mercedes » Fri May 30, 2008 10:33 pm

Hiya all!
Thankyou for your responses its much appreciated. Because its totelly out of the blue and isnt anything to do with my monthly cycle (according to my GP), Ive had some tests done and am currently awaiting the results. This is because Ive had a few other symptoms too, Im trying to be postive though, Im sure its fine!
I must admit Ive been very naughty though in that Ive never had a smear even though I was invited for one 7 years ago! I think if I had had one sooner then wouldnt be feeling as worried as I have been though so I just want to say to anyone out there that hasnt had a recent smear to have one please, its so important!
Will keep everyone posted as to outcome! Thanks again for the swift replies, its great to know there are people out there that understand the things us women/ pcos sufferers go through.
Thank you so much verity for providing the opportunity to chat to fellow sufferers I for one am very grateful!
mercedes

bleeding after sex

Postby juju » Sun Jul 06, 2008 2:14 pm

hi,
Ive had bleeding after sex as well and Ive been worried but ignored it mostly because someone told me cervix erosion was the cause and that was normal. Am i stupid ? I feel it.
I've been bleeding after sex every time for a few months, sometimes i bleed only enough to show up once the next day to mucky blood for days after. I'm hesitant to go to the doctors as a gyno lady Dr once said "You have pcos get on with it" (unrelated symptoms)it was my Dr that sent me and I felt totally stupid after wards. Sometime sex brings on period pains.
Id be interested to see if that's what we have to expect with pcos.
I have noticed lately when I really fancy abit of the other but my brain forgets to tell the parts to do their bit and sex has been dryer than normal. Sorry if that's too much info but id rather tell it this way than say it to the Doc if I don't have too.
Had pcos since 1987
periods used to be once a year or never.
On Metformin, light periods occasionally. :oops:
juju

Postby Dee » Sun Jul 06, 2008 7:05 pm

Hi Juju,

Personally I think that lady is being incredibly irresponsible. Yes it is possible it could be cervix erosion and also a lot of other mundane reasons but it should always always be checked out.

If you are worried about talking to your GP what about the nurse in the first instance? She may be able to set your mind at rest and my experience is that they are always much nicer and more understanding than GP's.

Smear tests can be a nightmare but they are usually over in a matter of minutes and remember all the nurses have to endure them too so they know what its like!
Dee

Postby juju » Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:09 pm

Hi Dee
Thanks for the reply. Just writing down my worries has helped me a great deal.
Its not the embarrassment of people seeing my bodily parts that stops me going to see the Dr. its being sent away for thinking I might a have something going on inside me in the first place.
my Husband had to have a scan on his testicles once as he had a large lump and the nurse treated him as a perv because the lump had temporarily gone away.
I have made a promise to myself to go get it checked out and sod the comment from unprofessional professionals, its MY life here.
Thanks for listening. :roll: ju
juju

Postby juju » Fri Aug 08, 2008 12:27 pm

hi,
well Ive made the first move in the right direction.
Went to see a lovely lady GP and she listened to everything i had to say. she gave me a internal examination. My cervix was healthy(was a big worry as my sister had cervical cancer) so that was good news and she has referred me to the gynaecology unit at my local hospital. i have an appt for 2wks time.
I,m going to right a list of questions I've always wanted to ask.
Feeling good :)
juju

Postby Hols969 » Mon Aug 11, 2008 3:33 pm

Good, well done juju.
Hols969
Verity Admin

bleeding after sex

Postby juju » Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:33 pm

Hi, thought Id update anyone interested,
Been to the hospital saw a lovely lady who did lots of different internal tests and sent me for a ultrasound scan and a transvaginal one. I have no feed back yet (been 2wks), I do know that my womb lining is about 7mm(not sure if thats goood or bad).
next appointment is end of ocober, Hopefully have some answers. need to look into possibility of drugs like dianette or the coil. Not keen as mood swings bad. Need to control the beard as well.
ju.
juju

Postby juju » Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:38 pm

I forgot to say my bleeding stopped the week after i visited the Dr, how typical is that. Although After the hospital examination I spotted for about 3wks. Has anyone had the same or similar.
juju

Postby jenny » Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:11 pm

Hi,

I have just read your post and I find it really reassuring that I am not the only one who this seems to be happening to. I am now 21 and was diagnosed with PCOS 3 years ago. I was put on Dianette to control my symptoms however about 6 months ago I started bleeding randomly.

The doctor said something about the hormone level not being high enough so they took me off it and I have had about one period since. In addition to this I have started bleeding after/during sex (not always but fairly frequently) and so I told my doctor about this. At first she implied that it was an STI and tested for this however the results came back clear. She then sent me for an ultra sound however all this showed was that I had PCOS (which I already knew from previous tests.) Therefore I am no closer to knowing what is going on. What makes matters worse is that I am starting to get into a new relationship and it is really embarrassing when I bleed after sex, but I am not sure what to do because the doctor makes me think I am stupid and that I just need to deal with it.
jenny

Postby Gnomes » Thu Oct 30, 2008 8:43 pm

Hi Jenny (and everyone else)

I'm SO glad that I'm not the only one!!

I'm at risk of sharing tmi now, but if I can't do it here, where can I? :shock:

I was diagnosed 8 years ago, and my last visit from AF was 2 and a half years ago. I've been with OH for 7 years, and two weeks ago, I bled after we'd done the business...

There wasn't a lot, however there is some "discharge" for a couple of days after. I thought it was AF coming to visit, but then it stopped... So we did it again, and the same thing happened... I don't know whether it's the sex / PCOS, or whether it is AF coming...

On top of all of that, my Dr is absolutely useless (and I need to find another one... ) so there's very little point until I've done that...

Anyway, as I said, it's nice to know that i'm not the only one, sorry if there is tmi, but sometime's it's nice to "share" with people who understand!!

GNOMES
Gnomes

Made to feel stupid by GP

Postby BEC21ky* » Wed Nov 05, 2008 1:06 pm

Good Afternoon,

I have also had issues with bleeding after sex. I was on Microgynon for 8 years because of heavy periods then i began to bleed during the course of pills. My GP thought it might be and STI - the test revealed nothing. She then changed my pills ("it could be that you're immune?") and they did nothing. At the same time as the bleeding whilst o the pill i began bleeding during sex. My issue was there was no pattern to either bleeds. Sometimes i would bleed after sex, sometimes not, sometimes i would bleed during a course of pills, sometimes not! Then i began to get pain after sex, whilst taking my seven day break from the pill and as many different combinations as you can think of! Needless to say the next reaction was to take me off of all pills and let my natural cycle come back. It didn't. I have now been almost two years without a "proper period", just bleeding irregular (like discharge) and it makes me want to cry. I decided enough was enough and when i moved house i decided to see a new GP. Firstly they gave me blood tests but my hormones were fine. The problem is that the GP's view is "if you don't want children then what's the issue?" It's making my life hell! Eventually she agreed to send me for a scan. I went for my scan yesterday and to my relief i'm not making it up! Although it's not been officially confirmed, the dr said PCOS. Where do i go from here? I have a GP appt next Friday to discuss my results (they don't know that i already know the results) I have read through many posts on this discussion forum and found i have loads of the symptoms which i'd been thinking were in my head, dizzy, cold, always tired, moody, pain in my ovaries, the list is endless. What can they actually do for me? I have no idea - can anyone help? :? Bec
BEC21ky*

Return to Other problems