Advice needed please!

Why we all seem to carry it all around the waist...

Moderators: thebuzz, Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia

Advice needed please!

Postby jenniver91 » Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:33 pm

I've had type 1 diabetes since I was 13 and I've just been diagnosed with PCOS (I'm now 22) and I need to lose 3-4 stone to be a healthy weight. I just feel massively out of my depth right now! What should be my first steps toward adopting a healthy lifestyle/dealing with the pcos? Any advice appreciated. Thanks.
jenniver91

Re: Advice needed please!

Postby Hols969 » Wed Sep 04, 2013 4:38 pm

GI diet really is generally recommended for PCOS ladies, cut out all white carbs (which you probably do anyway if you are diabetic) and eat the brown stuff. Generally eating little and often is good for us as well to keep our metabolism higher, I graze all day really to keep my metabolism higher, I lost 3 stone on the Norah Lane diet (all others had failed) and generally manage to maintain it most of the time, but different diets suit different people.. We do naturally gain weight anyway so do need to eat less than a non pcos person (if we ate the recommended daily amount we would still put on a stone a year because of how efficiently our body stores fat - aren't we lucky!!)

Find a diet that suits you and that you feel you can stick to (I could never do the shake type diet as I would struggle to stick to it). I generally have carbs during the day but none at my supper (it takes a while to get used to it but been doing it for 3 years now and don't even miss the spag with my bol .....)

Good luck.
Unless stated, my views do not represent the official views, position or standing of Verity
Hols969
Verity Admin

Return to Insulin Resistance and Diabetes