IR?

Why we all seem to carry it all around the waist...

Moderators: thebuzz, Northfifer, Sammi, Hols969, DawnyB, purplestar, loachy, Mrs Wilko, Lutzomyia

IR?

Postby Lilee » Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:57 pm

Hello! Firstly, a little background info: I'm 29 and was diagnosed with PCOS about 4/5 years ago - the outcome being if it's not causing me too much of a problem then we'll just forget about it (gotta love doctors hey?!), also had an "angry patch of Endometriosis" (as the doctor put it) removed last year. I've gone from 220lbs to 150lbs over the past 2 years mainly down to a very low-carb diet. I've had several blood tests done - the 2 most recent ones were 12 hour fasting ones and my levels came back as normal - doctor wasn't interested in going any further with regards to IR so I kinda left it at that...I hate making a fuss :oops:

Anyway, over the past couple of weeks I've been having really, really bad cravings for carbs, especially bread - like to the point it's keeping me up at night and has reduced me to tears. I'm a smoker (I know...I'm working on it!!) and I've never had a craving for a cigarette like the ones I'm having for carbs at the moment...they're insane and slightly scary. I've been considering buying a padlock and putting all the bad stuff in there so only my husband can get at it. As soon as I eat it I feel so crappy, sleepy, depressed and angry (I'm not an angry person normally) and bloated that my belly feels like it's gonna burst.

I've booked another doctors appointment for next week to talk about it but I guess I just want some re-assurance, from people who know, that what is happening does happen to other people and that I'm not alone?! :cry:

Does this sound like something that goes with PCOS and/or IR?
Lilee

Re: IR?

Postby Hols969 » Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:27 pm

Yes carb craving is quite normal for PCOS ladies, I am not IR but do get carb cravings (If I can get to the 3 week point then I am ok) but can be a bit hellish up till then. Chinese chow mein.... that is what I crave, havent really had bread or pasta much really for the last 3 years as the diet I did cut out all bread and pasta/rice and was mainly potato so actually I dont miss it generally, but I do get cravings for chow mein quite badly and it is usually triggered by having one. Back on my diet after xmas and it would be so nice to have a chinese ......
Unless stated, my views do not represent the official views, position or standing of Verity
Hols969
Verity Admin

Return to Insulin Resistance and Diabetes